PDA

View Full Version : Where's Wally? Where's Arnold?

saranine
11-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Like Wally, Arnold must hide in camouflage.

Where is this Arnold Renderer that is talked about? Messiah Studios bought it? But it's not mentioned on their site. The Arnold website has some weird equation and nothing else.

Am I bonkers? Is everyone else seeing something that I am not?

Where is Arnold? I can't find him. Has he joined the Moonies? Or has he taken the holiday in the Caribbean? The holiday where your hotel has multiple bars but none of them serve you a drink.

Cageman
11-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Messiah has a very old version of Arnold as its standard renderengine.

The new Arnold renderer is a very different beast, but is still quite much in development, as far as I know. Some (well.. quite a lot actually) individuals and studios are using it though, so... I agree that it seems to be a very secret engine. Maybe Juanjo can shine a light on this, since he has developed the LW-port for Arnold.

:)

Tranimatronic
11-21-2013, 03:26 PM
AFAIK its an invitation only type of thing. I think you have to contact them.....

juanjgon
11-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Arnold is going to be public released soon AFAIK, but now you can buy licenses if you want or try to test it as beta tester. You simple need to write them.

The Lightwave plugin LWtoA is now in open beta for all Arnold users or beta testers:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arnold-renderer-for-Lightwave/107339726119625

You can check now all Arnold docs online:
https://support.solidangle.com/

So Arnold is alive and kicking ;)

-Juanjo

saranine
11-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Well, OK but in that case how has the Arnold plug in for Maya come about if it's secret? I mean, there is even a tutorial on Digital Tutors for that.

Philbert
11-21-2013, 03:40 PM
For anyone confused, Wally is known as Waldo in the US and Canada.

saranine
11-21-2013, 03:46 PM
That's how Wally hides from you! Multiple names! What a sneaky, tricky fellow.

- - - Updated - - -

That's how Wally hides from you! Multiple names! What a sneaky, tricky fellow.

Philbert
11-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes, Wikipedia lists almost 30 names for him.

shrox
11-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Yes, Wikipedia lists almost 30 names for him.

Wanker.

Surrealist.
11-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Here is a guy who seems to have his fingers on the pulse of Arnold development:

Perhaps ask him?

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=59&t=1103090&page=1&pp=15

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, been at FMX all week (great conference by the way)

I can say that there will be a website, trial version, and all the other stuff very soon. Within the next few months is the current aim. So it's not like the old days where Arnold surfaced briefly then went back into RnD. There's a whole sales and marketing team ramping up to "Go public".

I would like to give you more information but I have to respect the relationship we have with Solid Angle and hold back stuff i'm not sure is green lit for public decimation yet!

But feel confident that Arnold is on the way.

Thanks

Ben

He clearly knows something we don't.

What I do know is I will believe it when I see it. That was 7 months ago.