PDA

View Full Version : Import nulls into modeler?

Axis3d
11-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know how to take a scene file full of nulls (exported from a 3d tracking program), and import it into modeler to turn the nulls into points which I can use to create polygons?

I have downloaded a plugin that allows me to load objects from scene. But this crashes modeler. It seems to not like null objects. When it does work, it imports the objects centered, not from their transposed positions.

I have been doing this by hand - Saving Transformed for each null object, then loading each one into modeler one by one. Very tedious, considering there can be a hundred or so.

I have used Lscript Commander to generate a script to speed up part of this process, but does anyone have any better ideas?

evenflcw
11-16-2003, 06:56 PM
Did you try NullsToPoints (http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1300 )?

Axis3d
11-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Thanks a ton evenflcw! I tried that Lscript on a smaller scene and it works great. I haven't tried it with a huge scene full of nulls yet, but it seems to do the trick. That is going to save me a lot of work. Thanks again.

Jakkar
09-18-2004, 11:12 PM
:confused: Argh...this link is broken. This plugin no longer exists at Flay...
Anyways I have a huge emergency where I have to build geometry from 3d tracking software exported null points. Is there some way to bring these nulls into modeler? I can't believe this is that difficult. This has to be one of the most common tasks for adding 3d objects to tracked footage. Come-on Newtek!
Can anyone help with some info or similar plugins?

Jakkar
[email protected]

Cman
10-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Sorry the site went away.
If you still need it you can get it here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CMAN_LScripts/files/

scott_krehbiel
11-04-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm doing a tracking job and was rather disappointed to see that this plugin is no longer on Flay. I also have tone of nulls to get into Modeler.

Thanks for posting the plugin through Yahoo Groups.
I'll be most handy.

Scott

ghostlight
11-29-2006, 12:42 AM
Cman, You're a GENIUS! Thanks for Null2Points, it's a godsend! I didn't have a problem hitting "a" and the view disappearing. The perspective view just zooms way the **** out to include those way-out-there nulls from the tracking software, but the points are still there in the orthographics in modeler. Thanks again. You saved my life.