PDA

View Full Version : Unity, FBX and Blendshape

merovingio
11-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know if the FBX exporter from Lightwave correctly exports morphs as blendshape?

Ztreem
11-20-2013, 03:22 PM
One of the first things I tested when unity 4.3 was released. Yes, morphs in lightwave exported as fbx reads as blendshapes in unity.

merovingio
11-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Thank you Ztreem :)

merovingio
11-21-2013, 07:16 AM
One of the first things I tested when unity 4.3 was released. Yes, morphs in lightwave exported as fbx reads as blendshapes in unity.

To me Unity crash everytime i export my model with blendshape. Lightwave 11.6, Unity 4.3. Any ideas?

MarcusM
11-21-2013, 08:23 AM
To me Unity crash everytime i export my model with blendshape. Lightwave 11.6, Unity 4.3. Any ideas?

Try export from 11.5. Write info if it working pls.

Ztreem
11-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Using 11.6 here and it works without problems. Are you on PC or MAC? I've have not tested this on my mac yet...This test was done on a PC.

merovingio
11-21-2013, 09:26 AM
I am on pc. It seems something related to the bones. If i export a mesh with morphs and bones Unity crash.

merovingio
11-21-2013, 09:31 AM
I was wrong: if i don't use bones for the model Unity does not crash when i import, but if i tweak the value of the blendshape it crash.

merovingio
11-21-2013, 09:51 AM
And again: even if i can tweak the value the morph seems to liquefy the model instead of morph it correctly. I am stuck.

I use Unity 4.3, Lightwave 11.6 on windows 7 64 bit.

merovingio
11-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Using 11.6 here and it works without problems. Are you on PC or MAC? I've have not tested this on my mac yet...This test was done on a PC.

I suspect is not working for you either. Try not to use an abstract shape, but use something you can easly recognize instead. Maybe you will se that the morph is not working correctly. You may see some vertex explode or liquefy.

Ztreem
11-21-2013, 01:20 PM
I will do some more tests later and let you know the result. Maybe you should test to reinstall unity and see if it helps.

Ztreem
11-22-2013, 02:48 AM
Very strange! Here at work on my PC win 7 work station everything works as expected both blenshapes with or without bone animation works perfect as it should. On my mac I have the same issues as you describe. Blendshapes deform the mesh in strange ways and if you combine the fbx object with bone animation it crashes unity.

Test this file. it works on my computer and has both bone animation and blendshapes. If this file works for you then it should be a LW issue ( bad config files or something) if it crashes unity then maybe its a unity issue and it needs a reinstall.

merovingio
11-22-2013, 03:45 AM
Very strange! Here at work on my PC win 7 work station everything works as expected both blenshapes with or without bone animation works perfect as it should. On my mac I have the same issues as you describe. Blendshapes deform the mesh in strange ways and if you combine the fbx object with bone animation it crashes unity.

Test this file. it works on my computer and has both bone animation and blendshapes. If this file works for you then it should be a LW issue ( bad config files or something) if it crashes unity then maybe its a unity issue and it needs a reinstall.

Thank you. Your fbx doesn't make Unity crash. But i think that a shape like this is not that good to test if the blendshape is working or not. I experienced exploding or liquefying vertices. So it is not easy to detect if is morphing as expected.

Anyway it seems that my problem is with Lightwave...

Ztreem
11-22-2013, 05:30 AM
I tested with similar object and noticed the liquifying effect real easy as you see that other vertexes is moving that should not and also moving in other directions. In this case the blendshape moves exactly as in LW both in direction and the right vertexes, I compared with LW side by side.
Try to delete all configs in Lw and try again. Let me know how it works out.

merovingio
11-28-2013, 05:42 AM
I never did this. How do i delete config files on win 7, lightwave 11.6? Where are those files?