PDA

View Full Version : Another LiveText - OES Football Question

mikemsi
11-19-2013, 08:42 PM
What does it take to make DataLink/LiveText read the OES scoreboard output? In can see the football data output on our area ribbon board controller... Is that what's needed? If so, who can I get it to so we can get OES football functionality?

Thanks!

Mike Nelson
Media Services, Inc.

MagicShoebox
11-20-2013, 09:53 AM
What does it take to make DataLink/LiveText read the OES scoreboard output? In can see the football data output on our area ribbon board controller... Is that what's needed? If so, who can I get it to so we can get OES football functionality?

Thanks!

Mike Nelson
Media Services, Inc.I don't have any experience with scoreboards, but did you configure DataLink using the utility that comes with LiveText? I believe you have to do that and select which scoreboard you're using before the variables will show up in LiveText.

If you've already done this and are referring to another problem, my apologies.

mikemsi
11-20-2013, 11:52 AM
I don't have any experience with scoreboards, but did you configure DataLink using the utility that comes with LiveText? I believe you have to do that and select which scoreboard you're using before the variables will show up in LiveText.

DataLink doesn't currently have the OES football protocol available. Since I can see what the scoreboard controller is outputting, I was hoping that info might be helpful in getting OES/football capability added to DataLink. I don't know much about what it takes to add a controller to DataLink, but I'm guessing it's not TOO tough... but I know I'm not able to do it.

Mike Nelson
Media Services, Inc.

PIZAZZ
11-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Mike

You should look into the scoreboard interface from SportzCast. Their ScoreBot is compatible with practically every scoreboard manufacturer out there. You drop the little ScoreBot box onto a serial output of the scoreboard controller you are at, link the bot to the internet, sync up the ScoreBot plugin on the LiveText machine to the bot you are using, add the variables into LiveText and you have instant updates happening. We have been working with the SportzCast guys for a while now and our clients are amazed at how easy things work with their technology. Best part is the ScoreBot can work with several different manufacturer's scoreboards not just one like the Daktronics AllSportCG does.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the implementation. We are resellers and integrators for SportzCast ScoreBots and will be glad to get you up and running quickly.

More information can be found here too: http://www.sportzcast.net/

JonRaidel
11-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Contact Rich Foley at Graphics Outfitters, he has OES working with LiveText. [email protected]

uivpc
11-21-2013, 10:36 PM
To interface the OES football scoreboard at our University stadium with our LiveText this season, we used an interface program from Eventcast. It not only read all the scoreboard data but allowed us to click on/off extra graphics such as "FLAG, TIMEOUT, UNDER REVIEW, etc". Worked great. Get in touch with [email protected]