PDA

View Full Version : Completely blank / transparent .pngs crash LiveText 2.52 (not LT 2.1)

MagicShoebox
11-19-2013, 05:14 PM
I just discovered that since updating to LiveText 2.52, a completely transparent .png (all alpha values set to 0) will cause LiveText 2.52 to lockup and stop responding completely, necessitating a force quit.

This happens if you attempt to change an existing image to a blank one via DataLink, or if you drag a fully-transparent image from the FileBin onto the canvas, even on a completely new project.

Changing even 1 pixel of the image to alpha value 1 (intead of 0) is enough for LT to operate normally. (Note, this does not recover from a crash, it simply won't cause one.)

This bug did not exist in LT 2.1

Thanks!
Shoebox

SBowie
11-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks for finding this. I'd encourage you to report it: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?110229-Reporting-Bugs

MagicShoebox
11-20-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks for finding this. I'd encourage you to report it: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?110229-Reporting-BugsReporting now. Thanks for the link!

ZachSchuster
11-20-2013, 08:10 PM
I reported this today, too (not realizing that you had already reported it). I believe this is also causing problems with centering images. A 1920x1080 image, that is actually just a lower third, will center by the non-transparent data, not the full resolution. The image imports just fine, but if you move it at all then try to center it, your only recourse is to re-import the image.

MagicShoebox
11-22-2013, 10:50 AM
The support guys answered my bug report promptly and LiveText v2.53 is now available for download!

I just tried it out and it works great.

Thanks for the prompt support! :D

This thread is now complete.

Lee-AVP
11-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Came for the same reason - mine was hard to figure out!

I was loading a blank png as a placeholder for a dynamic image.. so it took me forever to realize that, when my parsing software spit the blank plaseholder filename, Livetext would crash.

Downloading now!