PDA

View Full Version : 11.6 final release display glitches...

CaptainMarlowe
11-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Hi guys,

I have a weird experience with 11.6 latest release (build 2723) and Mavericks. I did a clean install when the final version was released (removed the previous build, removed the folder containing the configs in the library/application support and installed from scratch and rebuilt the preferences from scratch also).
First of all, the pop-up windows that become transparent are back, an annoying thing that I hadn't encountered since 9.6.1, I guess, despite the "opaque menu popup" being checked in the "special" menu. On the same vein, I have to click the "special" menu at the beginning of each LW session, otherwise, the command button is not mimicked as the control command, despite this option is checked in the menu permanently. Odd, isn't it ?
But the most annoying is the image viewer not displaying the rendered images. They are seen in the render display, but not in the image viewer, I only get a grey windows, but when I save the picture, it is rendered normally. This is really a show stopper, even if I tend to use VPR more often than Image Viewer. I have attached a picture of this problem.
I guess I will have to erase all LW-related things and start with a fresh install again... I sure wish the LW3DG team would find a less painful way to update the various builds and releases than always having to trash configs and start from crash... with unpredictable results...

My computer specs are the following : iMac i7 3.4 (late 2012), 24 Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1 GB
I haven't tried the build 2723 on my MacBook Air yet, but that may be worth a try, to see if it reproduces the same problems.

Any idea to solve this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3dworks
11-19-2013, 01:34 AM
i had this same issue with the last beta before final release, but couldn't reproduce.
didn't test the release version yet, but will report here later.

markus

specs: apple mac pro v5,1 (mid 2010), 2x6 cores @2.66 ghz, 40 gbyte eec ram, nvidia gtx 680 evga classified edition 4096 mb, osx 10.9.0 mavericks.

edit: tried now and it seems to work. LW build 2723 mac64.

Kuzey
11-19-2013, 04:41 AM
Hi guys,

I have a weird experience with 11.6 latest release (build 2723) and Mavericks. I did a clean install when the final version was released (removed the previous build, removed the folder containing the configs in the library/application support and installed from scratch and rebuilt the preferences from scratch also).
First of all, the pop-up windows that become transparent are back, an annoying thing that I hadn't encountered since 9.6.1, I guess, despite the "opaque menu popup" being checked in the "special" menu. On the same vein, I have to click the "special" menu at the beginning of each LW session, otherwise, the command button is not mimicked as the control command, despite this option is checked in the menu permanently. Odd, isn't it ?
But the most annoying is the image viewer not displaying the rendered images. They are seen in the render display, but not in the image viewer, I only get a grey windows, but when I save the picture, it is rendered normally. This is really a show stopper, even if I tend to use VPR more often than Image Viewer. I have attached a picture of this problem.
I guess I will have to erase all LW-related things and start with a fresh install again... I sure wish the LW3DG team would find a less painful way to update the various builds and releases than always having to trash configs and start from crash... with unpredictable results...

My computer specs are the following : iMac i7 3.4 (late 2012), 24 Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1 GB
I haven't tried the build 2723 on my MacBook Air yet, but that may be worth a try, to see if it reproduces the same problems.

Any idea to solve this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I noticed your image viewer is larger than the default 50%...sounds like a similar bug to one I reported http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?138265-Build-2717-GUI-Major-Bugs-%28fix-them%29

Have you tried changing it back to 50% or manually resizing the image viewer panel?

Kuzey

CaptainMarlowe
11-19-2013, 04:55 AM
Well until now, I have always used the image viewer at 100% without any problem. I have reloaded the scene at noon, and guess what ? It worked... Seems to be a random problem. So I tried with another scene : worked OK. I reloaded the first one, and no image in the image viewer again. Seem to be really a random bug. Changing the size manually or reducing to 50% doesn't change anything. Very weird...

Kuzey
11-19-2013, 05:19 AM
Strange indeed..still, it seems the image viewer has been altered/changed/updated somehow and is causing problems.

Good to see it working again, I would report the bug just in case :)

PS..I wonder if LW3dG has tested LW on Mavericks?

shadowshifter
11-19-2013, 07:31 PM
PS..I wonder if LW3dG has tested LW on Mavericks?

That's what Mac users are for right ;) Didn't 11.5 happen before Mavericks? Or is my timing out? I don't usually have time to update the second the updates are available these days :)

CaptainMarlowe
11-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Well 11.5 was released before Mavericks, but 11.6 final release was released after Mavericks. Well, since the problem happens randomly, I will fog it, and try a second fresh install. That's really a PITA.

3dworks
11-20-2013, 01:54 AM
i did fog the issues (#66497) and got reply from tech before the final release that it should have been fixed, but to get back to them if any more issues arise in final release. apparently it wasn't a full fix yet.

Kuzey
11-20-2013, 04:25 AM
That's what Mac users are for right ;) Didn't 11.5 happen before Mavericks? Or is my timing out? I don't usually have time to update the second the updates are available these days :)

Newtek should have had access to the beta of Mavericks long before it came out..either way, my Macbook is a few months too old for Mavericks..grrr :)