PDA

View Full Version : Still Images on desktop

Rizwan
11-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Ok when I click on Save RGB it will save a still image file all my still images are saved inside this separate folder I made on my desktop. When my Still Images are done rendering I close out of LightWave Layout. Open Quick Time go to File Open Image Sequence the Image Sequence files which I rendered in LightWave Layout after I find my still image files they are greyed out. I can not open them. I tried opening images I downloaded from the internet that works fine. But it will not open any of my still images which I made in lightwave. What is going on over here?

dwburman
11-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Do the images have file extensions at the end of their names (.png,.jpg)?

Is there a permissions issue? Can you copy the files to another location?

Can you open the files in another program?

JoePoe
11-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Can you open just one of your images at all in QT? Through "Open File" not "Open Sequence".

Can you post one of your images here?

spherical
11-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Is this not the same issue posted in another thread? http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?138726-Quick-Time-Still-Image

Rizwan
11-18-2013, 07:11 PM
Ok I'll try Open File instead of Open Sequence and see if that works.

Rizwan
11-19-2013, 11:27 AM
If I go to Open File in Quick Time and find my file click on it I get this message back that says.The movie could not be opened. The file is not a movie file. How do I get it to open my file?

eV1Te
11-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Can you open them in a different application?
What is the bit depth of the image? Does QT handle alpha channels for example?

JoePoe
11-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Okay Rizwan (I think) I might know what's going on. But first.....the questions asked above have to be answered.

When you say your still image sequence came out fine, how are you looking at them?. With what program?

We have to know what the file type is.
I suspect that you have your extensions hidden.
I need to do one thing. Go to one of your rendered images and "Get Info". You can do this by clicking once on the file to highlight it and then pressing "Command-i" (or in the finder go the File drop down.... it's there.) Tell us what you see in that window. I've attached an example below on where to look for what we need to know.

(Or better yet, you can post one of your rendered images here.)

Dexter2999
11-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Stupid question, you are using Quicktime Pro correct? Not just Quicktime Player? Quicktime Player is a viewer only, as far as I know. Is the option greyed out because you haven't activated/purchased Quicktime Pro?

JoePoe
11-19-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm pretty sure he has Pro.
The option to use Open Image Sequence isn't grayed out. It's the files he's trying to open that are gray.
I think, also, in just the player Open Image Sequence isn't even in the file drop down .... grayed or not.
Nevertheless, in Player or Pro, it should be able to open a wide variety of single image types through Open File.

Rizwan,
Here's another simple test. In QuickTime can you open any other image files you have on your computer (like you did before through Open File)?
Something you have NOT rendered in Lightwave?

Rizwan
11-19-2013, 09:24 PM
I can open jpeg images that I have downloaded from the internet. But Quick Time Player will not open any of my lightwave animations if I do it through file open image sequence or File Open File.

Rizwan
11-19-2013, 09:24 PM
I can open jpeg images that I have downloaded from the internet. But Quick Time Player will not open any of my lightwave animations if I do it through file open image sequence or File Open File.

JoePoe
11-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Okay. Interesting.

What about my question and request from two posts before the one you answered?