PDA

View Full Version : Youtube services getting even more annoying, google + required for comments

prometheus
11-16-2013, 10:51 AM
I hate the requester updates showing up annoyingly often to force me in to using google +, I do not want that, but now they changed the commenting system which means
you can not comment on other channels..Unless you connect your youtube account to google +

:(
I donīt know, maybe I am to retrograde in these matters, I was recently annoyed about picasaweb not working the old way when searching albums etc, they switched to google + which gives poor search results, only sorting of recent, and no way to search older stuff as picasweb displayed pages to choose from, instead google + showcases larger pageviews with a lot of information of social media I donīt want.

Search results in youtube are inaccurate, and the UI isnīt making sense...but I guess I have to admit it, I have the same feelings about accout cards VS money, it was better in the old days when you could simple pick up some money from your purse if you didnīt have any buscard, that is today impossible, and in the old god days I could get my money out of the cash dispenser without any additional cost.

Hello...My name is Michael, and I am a Retrograde...and hello newtek/lightwave group, Could we please have the thumbnails back in the gallery forums:)

Michael

bazsa73
11-16-2013, 01:17 PM
+1 for gallery thumbnails

GoatDude
11-16-2013, 04:09 PM
+1 for Retrograde

Sensei
11-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Google does everything to piss off users.
Whatever they do recently, they screw up everything.
Time for replacement apparently.

prometheus
11-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Google does everything to piss off users.
Whatever they do recently, they screw up everything.
Time for replacement apparently.

apparently..or something like that, at least they are doing what they can to get everyone connected to google +
probably they might have invested in that as a UI platform and all connectivity it is supposed to bring to users, especially with mobile solutions etc..but for one who really
donīt care about the mobile connectivity, Still using an old nokia non smart phone, and I donīt care about connectivity for youtube and also bringing the connectivity between what I do on youtube to be connected to other accounts etc.

Same goes for picasaweb, now being google plus search based, I wanted that to be a good image store ..and search/browse of images, not a google plus account with social media stuff.

As for google search
Not long ago ..the actual google image search UI changed too, where they introduced in the main menu the button called search tools, and then under that expands another menubar with a button calles more tools, and under that a drop down list to finally be able to select show all results or all sizes, that is ridiculous bringing on a ui that requires Three steps to get it to select
show sizes, there is plenty of room in the main menu bar which is always visible to simply hav show all sizes or show all results, and you can click in in a one go button click, not three.

Maybe thatīs not so important for an image for some, getting feedback on the actual size in a fast way? I suspect that is valuable for most though, so I donīt understand the need of trying to make everything clean, but harder to find and more steps to take for getting there.

youtubes inbox become hidden too, when you expect a menu to directly acess it, upload button mixed with another dropdown menu with analytics and overview ..just to confuse what to use.

Michael

shadowshifter
11-17-2013, 04:58 PM
I actually like G+ as a socnetty tooly thingi (moreso than Facebook which just got annoying enough that I dumped it and ran, and never did the Twitter thing, or StumbleUpon or Tumblr etc and I had a Livejournal once upon a time but not anymore now I got my own site...). Where the Youtube thing pissed me (and a few of my friends) off was where it basically told us we had to have a page for our existing non-G+ usernames or lose the account. I very grudgingly took the page but am now seriously considering deleting it and not using Youtube at all. One of my friends suspects he's lost his because he just wanted to watch a video and didn't really read the boxes, just kept clicking on whatever looked like "no go away".

There are people finding the identity service...er...all-in-one account useful. Seems like the people having the most problems are the ones who don't actually want to drop their (often long-standing) pseudonymous accounts.

erikals
11-17-2013, 05:26 PM
well, i saw it coming. but what will happen in the future is that people will sign in using the "Discuss" service.
youtube will get competition, and i'm tired of the commercials.

first they introduce pop-up ads
then they introduce pop-up videos

no Sir, there will be competition, and i will switch.

who knows, maybe i'll just jump to vimeo.com

prometheus
11-17-2013, 06:55 PM
well, i saw it coming. but what will happen in the future is that people will sign in using the "Discuss" service.
youtube will get competition, and i'm tired of the commercials.

first they introduce pop-up ads
then they introduce pop-up videos

no Sir, there will be competition, and i will switch.

who knows, maybe i'll just jump to vimeo.com

I wrote some feedback to youtbue, have no idea if they listen to it, probably not, and I also wrote considering to drop my youtube account
and focus on vimeo, and that is actually seriously what I might do, I think I will simple leave it alone, and not post anything there, if I need to upload and share, that will in
the future be on vimeo...and just keep youtube account to see what happens with it, or perhaps just delete it..create a new account not connected to my 3d stuff or something like that.

Michael

prometheus
11-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Annoying bugs..
1. have to wait till the commercial is finished to view videos, or after a few seconds click it away.
2. commercials not enough...a popup windows with directed/aimed commercials based on how my google searches are shows ..up, have to click that away in order to see the video properly, and sometimes even
two or three popups covering the screen.

3. I canīt comment on videos anymore, have to change account to google plus.
4. I canīt recievie any comments on my videos, since they are no longer forwarded to myinbox ..but to the google plus account, wich I donīt have and do not want to
5. general spoiled UI, hiding inbox, and general confusing structure of where to find things.
6. searching of videos of desired specific contect, gives a load of other non related topics.

Where do I get paid for accepting to watch the commercials?..heck I could spend an entire day watching any commercial youtube wants, if I only get
enough cash for it:)

Michael

djwaterman
11-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Hey Prometheus. You use a purse?

JonW
11-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Annoying bugs..
1. have to wait till the commercial is finished to view videos

Commercials are today's health warnings to get up out of the chair & walk out of the room for 20 seconds!

Or a Michael Mosley 20 second extreme exercise workout.

What a commercial is actually selling I have no idea as I have momentarily left the room to improve my health!

prometheus
11-18-2013, 06:58 AM
Hey Prometheus. You use a purse?

Yeah..no surprise, I do use a purse, with heavy coins and broken bills:) I kind of want to feel the propertie I own and the actual in/out flow of when and where I engage in
my spendings.
Im not so happy about all the card users in the store taking up time in the market store queue, and especially frustrating when they enter wrong codes or forget something, so I would say using "Real money" up front is faster if you have the purse open and ready to pay.
I donīt have to worry about electronic skimming either, hidden fees for the payment card, and interest rates fees, or an annual yearly fee, just to get my money out from the bank.
A couple of years ago the cards for getting your money out of your bank used to cost you nothing at all, after all ..you are lending the money to the bank while they are stored there.

Commercials are today's health warnings to get up out of the chair & walk out of the room for 20 seconds!

Or a Michael Mosley 20 second extreme exercise workout.

What a commercial is actually selling I have no idea as I have momentarily left the room to improve my health!

Well..It gives me a chance to go and pee for a couple of minutes..but besides that, a couple of seconds isnīt enough, I rather see the commercials as time stealers where you canīt do that much in breaks, I rather see the show/series ending in a shorter time, and pack all those commercial breaks in to one big break where I can actually leave the house and go out for a walk and running:)

I do prefer Lightwave 11.6 over Lightwave 10 though, now hows that for a retrograder:)

By the way...I couldnīt but laugh when our railway here in sweden stopped the option to put coins in their public toilets, and introduced a payment
system with cellular phones and registration to get codes in order to finally get to go and pee, was funny to see heads shaking in frustration over the
situation when it was reported on the news...Im sure some of them must have done it in their pants when it didnīt work properly or taking too long time.

Michael

VonBon
11-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Google saves your phone, passwords and network passwords on their servers. GOOGLE=TMI

prometheus
11-18-2013, 10:30 AM
To much of building of cloud technology, networks, passwords all over the place, if we got 6 passwords today to handle accounts, networks etc..I can imagine a future of hundreds of passwords for the stuff we do.
Heck..recently our governement introduced a new registration system for unemployed, forcing unemployed to account for all jobs they are searching if they should be considered eligable for their unemployment ensurance.

Sure it is fine to have the demand of accounting for the jobs searched, and there is no difference between before and now in those rules, except now it has to go through a special registration system, and in order to be able to do this, you have to have e-verification, and the installation software for the bank ID, and a special password for that.

Formerly it was enough to send your word o pdf list of searched jobs to your unemployment officer...this new system brought many techniqal issues for the unemployed, and also for the unemployment agency not being able to deal with it techniqly, causing many many thousands not being able to do their registration.
this approach introduces more work for the unemployed to sit and register the jobs twice..once when document it for yourself to keep track, and then a second time logging in and select the type of job searched for every job applied, date, and place etc..and repeat this with drop down menus for every job..blah.

Spending time on searching and applying for jobs is enough, introducing systems to control the unemployed with more time consuming tasks for the unemployed isnīt giving more time over to search for actual jobs.

So Guys...isnīt it time for introducing Lightwave only available through the cloud:)
This thread seem to spin off to non youtube topics:) probably based on my retrograde feelings vs how technology goes wild in terms of passwords, registration, how money/trading is handled in the future, etc.

I see constantly In news how much new stuff shows up, of frauds over the net, phisching, and the other day a phone number shows up on many
peoples cellular phones, and if that number is called back..it will empty your phone account.
I think the IT technology has made us more vunerable and not safer for transactions etc.
Our prime minister and other important public representives... their adobe account and serials was hacked a couple of days ago, hopefully they donīt use the same passwords for other accounts.

cough..cough...could we please have the thumbnails back in the gallery forum section, I rarely go there nowadays, and I suspect many others think and do the same
here? the envelope icon doesnīt seem to be that useful?

Michael

JonW
11-18-2013, 12:56 PM
By the way...I couldnīt but laugh when our railway here in sweden stopped the option to put coins in their public toilets, and introduced a payment
system with cellular phonesl

Other half doesn’t have a mobile phone & on overseas holidays I leave the phone at home so can actually have a holiday without interruptions. We won’t come to Sweden then!

The residents in our area at Precinct meetings (pre Council meetings) have been pushing for the Local Council to upgrade one of the public toilets to give the girls an additional seat! Will be done next June.

Ad for Australia & you don’t need to cross your legs!..... Free public toilets everywhere, even the Bush Toilets in a lot of the National Parks have been upgraded over the years & are relatively smell free these days & toilet paper is provided as well (but still take my own). Also, generally free BBQs in public parks as well.

I was horrified on the last holidays in parts of Europe, basically the country side was the public toilet! Governments, Councils & other entities need to wake up that not having free public toilets does move damage than good.

Ok I have to pay Council Rates (local taxes) of which a percentage will have to pay for the toilets but I would rather this than have people pooing everywhere. We even provide free Doggy Poo bags in our local area to reduce “landmines”

Maybe I need some Doggy Poo bags while on Sweden's trains! I will bring a roll of bags with me & will hang up a handful outside the toilets to help people out if they get caught short!

JonW
11-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Our prime minister and other important public representives... their adobe account and serials was hacked a couple of days ago, hopefully they donīt use the same passwords for other accounts.

They are using the same password for toilets & ICBMs.

But won't actually need a password for the toilet as they will sh_t themselves when they realised what has happened!

calilifestyle
11-18-2013, 05:26 PM
They just switched comments back to old way

prometheus
11-18-2013, 05:27 PM
HaHa...JonW, that is some issues you have to deal with coming over here, if you can overcome the country side smell, or set your state of mind that it is a country side smell, you
can lay your eyes on some gorgeus women over here to compensate it.

There is a swedish tv series, airing in sweden since a couple of seasons back called "All for Sweden" funny to watch..it is about Americans with swedish ancestry, so they come here in a group of people, then they have to go through some playful competitions to win, those who are eliminated has to go home,(but they really get the chance to meet relatives anyway)

So it is quite fun to see the likeness and difference between what is typical american behaviour and typical swedish behavior and mentality, in the latest show the American born "swedes" met up with a swedish dance band or sort of swedish country style band...and during the bus tour..all the swedish band members jumped out of the bus went to a field and lined up to empty the bladder, and the american borns was surprised..in the Usa, they would have been arrested etc.

A funny show..Itīs a bit touching that so many of the americans get so emotional and starts crying when they found out about how their ancestors lived, and how those lifes spawned the cycle of their own birth.

I think there was something around 1.3 millions of swedes leaving between the end of 1800- and to 1920, and between 1861-69 I think, there was several years of crop failure, which might have been the largest cause of swedes emigrating.

And yes..my family got a letter from the united states many years ago, we had relatives over there which we didnīt know about, unfortunatly I wasnīt here to meet them when they visited sweden, my father and mother did however, I was away on a shcool exam gathering.
Ivé never been that interested in ancestry or family history, until recently..so I have gain more interest in how things started, we have tracked down some persons down to 1560...I think.
And now we are spinning of topic even more..from youtubue poo..to pee and to the past.
:)

prometheus
11-18-2013, 05:32 PM
They just switched comments back to old way

what..you kidding? I tried..but I canīt comment unless changing to google plus account, or do you just reference to getting mails of the comments?

calilifestyle
11-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Not sure everyone is saying that the changed it back. it looks different and it logged me back in using my user account not my google+ account. Not sure how it's working then

probiner
11-18-2013, 07:29 PM
I sure also don't like how they corners things. First it's just there along side because it's cute, then it's mandatory. Also the request from chrome all the time to link my google account with the browser baffles me. It's not a damn phone where people have everything connected...
Opera 17... my new Firefox alternative... (and "looks" just like chrome) :foreheads