PDA

View Full Version : File consolidation - help

Pavlov
11-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi all,
often i need to save all objects in a scene into a given folder, but i DONT want to save images too. I need images to be still loaded from out maind content dir, without making a second copy of them.
Unless i miss something, Package scene doesnt allow this, since it exports everything into a new folder (included images).
Is there a tool which can gather all object in a scene, save them into a target directory (usually a subfolder of current project scene), without doing nothing else ?

Pratically, i need a batch object saver which performs a "save object as" for each single object in scene, into a custom directory, with same original filename. Since i dont find anything like this in plugin database, and since it seems an easy thing to do for a Lscripter, is there someone willing to make it under payment ?

thanks,
Paolo

stobbs
11-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Package scene allows you to specify a path for any of the standard lightwave folders here. Cant you just select your existing image folder in the PS window?

Pavlov
11-16-2013, 10:51 AM
no :)
if i do it, all images will be written into IMAGE dir, while i want eventually all of them to be written into their subdirectory.
to get this i've to use Keep exhisting structure, and while it solves image saving (each image weill overwrite exhisting one in its own folder), i'll get a quite complex structure into exported Object directory.
We build scenes loading items from different subdirs (i.e trees are loaded from Object/nature/trees, chairs from Object/furniture/chairs, and so on), and the keep exhisting structure will reproduce all these subdirectories into Object export directory. we want a clean export of all object into a single folder instead.

Paolo

nickdigital
11-16-2013, 12:08 PM
This sounds very similar to a lscript that I was making for someone else. If you want you can PM me. It's not quite suited for you needs but the basic code and ideas are already in place. Development has stalled because I'm so busy. But with the proper motivation I might be inspired to open up the files again.