PDA

View Full Version : broken dongle

peter coley
11-15-2013, 10:12 AM
How do I get in touch with newtek from the uk has my dongle has broke and i need a replacement i am disgusted with the fact that i spent so much for this software and when you send them e-mails to customer service they dont bother to reply

Markc
11-15-2013, 11:55 AM
When I had to change my Dongle (due to 64 bit incompatibility issues), I emailed Newtek Europe and they did the exchange.
It will mean you will have a new dongle i.d. so any commercial plugins tied to it will need new keys from the plugin developers.

DigitalDeuce
11-15-2013, 12:15 PM
You need to contact [email protected] to arrange a replacement dongle.

Celshader
11-15-2013, 12:23 PM
How do I get in touch with newtek from the uk has my dongle has broke and i need a replacement i am disgusted with the fact that i spent so much for this software and when you send them e-mails to customer service they dont bother to reply

Broken dongles are covered in the online FAQ:

From https://www.lightwave3d.com/support/faq/registration/?t=6;i=5;#hardware-dongle-issues-5

My dongle is lost, eaten by a dog, destroyed, or is a parallel port or ADB dongle. How can I get another?

For replacement dongles please contact Customer Support using the following email:

[email protected]

You should know, that under most cases there will be a charge for the replacement of lost dongles, and as of LightWave 11.0.3, LightWave doesn't require the use of a dongle. It has become an option.

As Deuce wrote above, you need to contact [email protected] for a broken dongle.

cagey5
11-15-2013, 12:49 PM
As the OP stated in his first post, customer service didn't reply. I assume that's what the CS stands for and where his unanswered query was despatched to.

sublimationman
11-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Lets not forget that email is not perfect. Newtek may have never received the request or they may have replied but it never got delivered. I would try again.

peter coley
11-15-2013, 02:39 PM
When I had to change my Dongle (due to 64 bit incompatibility issues), I emailed Newtek Europe and they did the exchange.
It will mean you will have a new dongle i.d. so any commercial plugins tied to it will need new keys from the plugin developers.

I dont think newtek europe still exists anymore ive also phoned onevideo which is where i bought lightwave from they couldnt help either

Phil
11-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Try the EMEA distributor : http://www.3dstorm.com/en/contact

peter coley
11-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Phoned them was told to try lightwave

- - - Updated - - -

Filled form out will get back to me soon still waiting three days later

peter coley
11-19-2013, 10:27 AM
tried several times they allso send you an e-mail to say they have recieved your e-mail

SBowie
11-19-2013, 03:39 PM
I dont think newtek europe still exists anymore ...Same folks, different name: [email protected]
However, as you're in the UK, there's [email protected] and [email protected]

Also consider https://www.lightwave3d.com/support/ and [email protected]

cagey5
11-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Wow... just wow...