PDA

View Full Version : License File no longer working



RayO3D
11-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Hey guys,

Ran into a weird problem this morning when I fired up 11.6: Both 32- and 64-bit versions no longer recognized the License.kwy file. I tried reinstalling it... then re-downloading and reinstalling and no luck. When re-adding the key through Drag and Drop, I get the message that it installed successfully but when i restart LW, I get the license error again. I dug out my old Dongle and everything works great with that plugged in. I also tried this on 10.1, 11.5, and 11.5.1 all with the same results.

Everything was working perfectly yesterday and other than a few Windows updates, nothing else has changed on the system since then, so of course it's driving me nuts why it won't work today. I'm running Windows 8 64-bit and can provide other details if needed.

Anyone else run into something like this or have any insight?


UPDATE - Got it fixed... looks like Windows Firewall got messed up and was (I'm assuming) blocking a port the license system needed.

lardbros
11-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Weird... I've not had this issue at all.
Have you tried running as administrator and then dragging the file over?
Are you definitely dragging the correct file over LW? It's the .lwk file. Try re-downloading it from your login area.

Also, if that fails... try opening the .lwk file in your 'My Documents' folder, in a folder called .newtek, then browse to your installed version.
Open the file up, and paste the text in there with the text from the downloaded file in your login area.

Hope this gives you some options? :D

RayO3D
11-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Okay I just had a long response typed up but decided to try something else and I got it fixed. Somehow, Windows Firewall got all out of whack and wasn't using default settings. I restored to Recommended Settings and everything works again.

My guess is whatever the License file uses still talks to something that needs a port the firewall was blocking.

Thanks for the help!

lardbros
11-16-2013, 01:08 AM
Oh cool.... Glad you got it sorted! One to remember for future reference!

dulo
11-16-2013, 03:27 AM
Ran into this Problem several times, especially when installing several 11.6 pre version in parallel. Only the first installed version could use the license file. When I copied the binaries into the directory of the first installation the license worked again ..