PDA

View Full Version : Quick Time Still Image

Rizwan
11-14-2013, 02:20 PM
How do I get a still image file to open in Quick Time so that I can combine all the still images into 1 movie? When I go to File>Open Image Sequence all the Image Sequence files are greyed out and I can not open the image Sequence File?

prometheus
11-14-2013, 09:58 PM
How do I get a still image file to open in Quick Time so that I can combine all the still images into 1 movie? When I go to File>Open Image Sequence all the Image Sequence files are greyed out and I can not open the image Sequence File?

Uhmm, I only got the free quicktime, and that canīt load any image sequences, are you using a proversion of quick time and you are actually opening it from quicktime?

I use after effects and mostly use tga images to load as sequence, and save out to quicktime from there, but I believe there is freeware to do that too.
you could also use lightwave to load the image sequences through the image editor, then render out to video compilation, but then again..you could render out to quicktime directly too
from lightwave..if you use 32 bit version that is.

when you load a png, or tga clip in lightwave, it should be enough to select the first image in order, but in the image editor you need to switch from still to image sequence in the source tab
under image type.

Michael

Rizwan
11-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Ok, if I render through the image editor will that still give me a Quick Time file?

prometheus
11-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Ok, if I render through the image editor will that still give me a Quick Time file?

not the way to work it, or I should say you cant render that way through the image editor.

after you have loaded your image sequence in image editor, I would suggest go to windows/compositing options for background image you then choose the image sequence, and make sure it says image sequence.

also make sure to set your camera resolution the same as your images are of course, after that you need to go to the render panel/options and render globals, the render globals panel has a tab called output, you have to check the box for save animation an pick the quicktime format as the type, after that is set you can click under options and set quicktime codec, I prefer animation codec or h264.

Theres a free youtube of the process working with lightwave as compositing tool, might be on lightwave3d page, check that..and some else I think.

Rembember the quicktime output only works in 32 bit lightwave versions, the apple team has been lazy and donīt support 64 bit.

nickdigital
11-14-2013, 10:40 PM
There's a tutorial on here that'll show you how to use LightWave to compile your frames to a movie file. http://pixsim.com

prometheus
11-14-2013, 10:49 PM
There's a tutorial on here that'll show you how to use LightWave to compile your frames to a movie file. http://pixsim.com

Yeah..I think that was the one I saw, havenīt looked at it really, but some others from Matt, and he explains so well.
the video is at the end of that page.

I havenīt tried Ezvid, free software ..but I think you need to render out to png sequence, which it loads, then you can export out to youtube formats, not sure exactly which codecs.
max 45 minutes in lenghts and also...it can be used to record your screen sessions for tutorials etc.
http://www.ezvid.com/

Michael

Markc
11-15-2013, 12:09 PM

What image format are you trying to load?
If it's a supported format (png, jpg etc) selecting the first image will load the sequence into QTPro7.

If it's not 'pro' then any pro features are greyed out.

Rizwan
11-16-2013, 07:32 PM
When I go to the File>Open Image Sequence the files are greyed out which prevents me from opening them. How do I get the files ungrayed so I can open them?

prometheus
11-16-2013, 07:47 PM
When I go to the File>Open Image Sequence the files are greyed out which prevents me from opening them. How do I get the files ungrayed so I can open them?

In what software??

Rizwan
11-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Quick Time

Markc
11-17-2013, 04:38 AM
To confirm, you are using Quicktime Pro 7 with a paid license (PC or Mac?).
If it's a valid image format it will not be greyed out, don't know what else to suggest!