PDA

View Full Version : Question about Nevronmotion and Kinect One sensor.

Dennik
11-11-2013, 01:15 PM
I wanted to ask a silly question, as I've never bought one of these before. Does the Nevronmotion plugin work with the regular console camera coming out this month, or do I need to wait for the windows version of the camera, coming out in 2014? That is a long time to wait!

Davewriter
11-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I wanted to ask a silly question, as I've never bought one of these before. Does the Nevronmotion plugin work with the regular console camera coming out this month, or do I need to wait for the windows version of the camera, coming out in 2014? That is a long time to wait!

I know... they seem to make it confusing, what with three different flavors of Kinect out there.
What is (currently) recommended would be the Windows version of the Kinect. When you go to buy it, the cost is a bit more than what the price for the Xbox 360 version by itself. In theory (not the recommended way as called for in the docs) the Xbox 360 version of the Kinect has been used by folks sucessfully.
To be honest, I have not heard any talk about the new version that will ship with the Xbox One system. I would think that it would be along the same lines as the Windows stand alone. I just have not seen any cables being available so it could be used as a stand alone item. I also do not see any ads where you could purchase the Xbox One flavor of Kinect by itself.

Areyos Alektor
11-17-2013, 05:27 PM
"Microsoft" has reported that the "Kinect 2" for the "Xbox One" will not be compatible with Windows. There will be a specific version that will be available current 2014. But "NevronMotion" will be updated when will be the case.

Dodgy
11-17-2013, 07:49 PM
http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/kinect-2-for-windows-moving-to-developers-this-november-1162066

Looks like there'll be a separate kinect 2 for windows. $399 for devs, I hope it's a bit cheaper for consumers!

Philbert
11-21-2013, 12:54 PM
I bet someone will come up with a hack or adapter or something to make the xbone version work with Windows.