PDA

View Full Version : nevron kinect 360 face tracking does not work for me

techjunkie2099
11-11-2013, 10:24 AM
kHi. I am a new user hobbiest with neveron and kinect sdk.

I have question about nevron and the Kinect 360, not Kinect windows.
Maybe some experienced user's can answer this for me and I know its not supported.

In skeleton mode face tracking is missing or not working, it is toggled on and I can see the skeleton but
the head is missing. I also tested it on the 1.6 to 1.8 Kinect SDK developer tools on windows 8.1.
It is still missing. So is face tracking working on the Kinect 360 on nevron or on the kinect 360 in general.

If it is , what might be the issue, other than no face tracking it seems to work.

Thanks in advance for any help
Tj

Just tested it on another computer with same kinect xbox and its working fine in 1.8 kinect sdk.

toeknee
01-20-2014, 03:34 PM
Hey techjunkie, I also have a Kinect for 360. I got it at a pawn shop for $20.00 dollars before I bought Nevron Motion. I didn't that there was a Kinect or windows at that point. If you look at the link I provided it seem that the close look is turned of on the Knect for 360. I wish I could get it to work as well. I am not a hobbiest but I did buy Neveron to prove a fundtion that I would like to support at work. For now I am just using the retargeting part of Neveron. To me this is still worth the price. I wish you luck. There is probably a trick out there somewhere but I have not foun it yet.
http://robotics.stackexchange.com/questions/654/what-is-the-difference-between-kinect-for-windows-and-kinect-for-xbox

Ryan Roye
01-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Keep in mind that the backdrop and how well lit your face is has a HUGE impact on the reliability of the kinect to track your face. I do not know if this will fix your problem, but some things to consider:

1) Consider having some kind of a single-colored curtain or sheet that can hang from the ceiling while recording facial mocap. A lot of problems I had with reliability vanished when I did this.

2) If lighting is poor, you may want to try using a desk lamp or something that can make you brighter than the background so that the kinect has no trouble finding your face. Usually the computer desk is situated at some corner of the room and lighting is from the center of the ceiling (which is a bad lighting setup for the kinect). Try to have it so that the lighting is uniform and doesn't leave dark shadows on your facial features.

3) If you wear glasses, take them off while doing face tracking. It helps with reliability even if you aren't using the brow controllers for anything.

4) The lighting is almost irrelevant for skeleton tracking... so you don't need to worry so much about it as you do with face tracking.

miniwatt
02-22-2014, 08:21 AM
I'll soon be getting into the Kinect and have been reading all I can and found this info, hope it helps @ http://www.maximumpc.com/article/how-tos/how_hack_your_kinect

CROUTON213
02-25-2014, 06:11 PM
Hi, I have 2 Kinect units for XBOX 360 but (exhale) they did not work with NevronMotion. And then I bought a Kinect for Windows and NevronMotion works. Kinect for Windows costs $250 or so and yet it looks exactly the same as Kinect XBOX. I am still happy because this is so awesome thank you for NevronMotion. Now to figure out a way to use NevronMotion for actual production work ...