PDA

View Full Version : New NevronMotion user and questions

Olivier D
11-08-2013, 04:38 PM
I have bought NevronMotion this week, with a Windows Kinect, and it's just pure magic ! I'm really impressed !
But I have some minor problems, maybe someone can help me.
First, I have a problem with NevronMotion capture that I can not resolve. When I bend my knees, and my hips are down, the animation skeleton doesn't really bend his knees and the position of the feet is under the ground. The problem is with Kinect_Skeleton_SKL0. Maybe I'm doing something wrong ?
Some other questions (maybe silly, I'm sorry)
How do theKinect_Skeleton_SKL1 works ? Is it better than Kinect_Skeleton_SKL0 ?

Is there any tutorial for facial mapping ? If I have a character with the correct morph names, is it ok ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

snsmoore
11-11-2013, 02:30 PM
As far as the foot positioning issue, you might be running into something to what I saw when I was trying to motion capture on an unusual shaped character.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?138581-Motion-capture-retarget-on-unusual-shared-characters

I found I had better results with the foot positioning when the Genoma-Nevron skelegons for the feet were rotated downward, instead of parallel to the ground plane. Also make sure your character's hip position matches the kinect one. (you can resize the kinect skeleton's master null, to get the hip to match) For the feet, I had the best luck adjusting my character in Modeller.

I'm not sure why there is a Kinect_Skeleton_SKL1, since you can only do motion capture on one character at a time. I think both are the same in terms of functionality.

-shawn

Olivier D
11-12-2013, 03:43 AM
Ok, thanks, I will try your tips.
I have found how to have facial rig and skeleton rig in the same character, I soon will post some videos.

genesis1
12-17-2013, 08:08 AM
How do I get my face morphs to work with nevronmotion? I have my own model but ca't see how I get it to work. The nevron example works OK but how do I target my own morphs?