PDA

View Full Version : 7.5c update problem

andromeda_girl
11-15-2003, 04:20 PM
i had a strange thing happen when i updated my LW7.5b to 7.5c...

after the update, when i opened LW it was still LW7.5b, not 7.5c.

i figured perhaps i had to replace the desktop icons, but that didn't do it, nor did a reboot.

i then decided to take a look at the folder itself, and much to my surprise, i have TWO lightwave folders now, and the new one is the 7.5c version, although it of course does not include all my work files and samples, as the originally installed v7.5b had those.

so then:

ignoring how this strange accident occured, what do i do?
do i uninstall one of them?

both?
any ideas?

~A.

hrgiger
11-15-2003, 04:24 PM
That's normal, or at least that's what mine did too. I hope that LW8 updates will install directly over top of the old program and replace files instead of adding new ones.

What I did was just find the modeler and Layout executables for LW 7.5c and threw those on my desktop.

BTW, your avatar is almost giving me a headache...;)

andromeda_girl
11-15-2003, 04:26 PM
sorry if that bugs ya, i do want to change it.

it was cool for a bit, now it grates on me as well.

so, you're saying you left two seperate copies of LW on youur machine?

how redundant is that?

surely the fix is to delete one of them and reinstall?

hrgiger
11-15-2003, 04:40 PM
I wasn't really saying it bugs me (your avatar), it's just hard to look at for too long....I wasn't suggesting you should change it.

Well, it's redundant but I really haven't bothered to look at what files are shared and I'd hate to think I'd delete something I wanted on there. I guess I could delete and reinstall but when you have a 120GB hardrive, I'm not really worried about the space....

I'm sure I have lots of things on my machine that I could delete and get rid of but as long as I don't have to look at it, I don't care. I clear out my start menu so it just has the things I use most often (ie. Lightwave, Photoshop, IE, etc...) so if I don't see it, it's not there. I figure also that LW 8 will be out soon enough anyway, there's no point in bothering with doing another install.