PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Studio and Mic

merovingio
11-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Can Virtual Studio have access to a standard mic connected to the computer? I need to convert the audio peak to the rotation of an object.

Tranimatronic
11-07-2013, 10:36 AM
You can with Nevron using the Kinect

merovingio
11-07-2013, 10:43 AM
I know. But i want a standard mic from the headphones, because i need the audio peak to move the jaw. Using the Kinect mic will take all the noise and voices in the room.

Also face recognition from Kinect is not giving the result i expect. It can't take the jaw drop of normal speaking.

Tranimatronic
11-07-2013, 12:20 PM
add a multiply node between AU01 and the trait. Depending on the morph mine are anything between *0.8 and *3
BG noise is an issue for audio though (but try using a divide or maybe a clamp or even DP's remap)
My biggest upset with Nevron/kinect though is not being able to record the audio/video anywhere. Have you found a way of doing this?

LW_Will
11-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Not sure about that one... think you'd need a HID driver for your mic.

I remember that there was a program to take an audio file and translate the sound for a vector in the Graph editor... I've lost it, sorry to say.

merovingio
11-08-2013, 01:26 AM
add a multiply node between AU01 and the trait. Depending on the morph mine are anything between *0.8 and *3
BG noise is an issue for audio though (but try using a divide or maybe a clamp or even DP's remap)

The problem is that i am working for a character which it interact with other people in realtime. And it must be in a room with other people who talk. I should try to use the array of mic of the Kinect to listen only to the person in front of the kinect, but i don't know how to do this. There is a "Audio source angle" and "Audio beam angle" that according to the manual should do this, but how? Also multiply will not work good for me, because i am not driving a morph, but the rotation of a bone instead. So i am working with vectors.

My biggest upset with Nevron/kinect though is not being able to record the audio/video anywhere. Have you found a way of doing this?

I don't know, why not use the standard sound recorder from windows?

merovingio
11-08-2013, 07:31 AM
For those who are interested, this is a setup for control the jaw, based on sound, that only moves the jaw if the skeleton is tracked, if it is in a specific distance from kinect and from a given angle to it. So other sound in the room should be ignored. It should be tested better, but it basically works.

I control the jaw using bones, but it can works with morph also.

The first gradient is for setup the peak level, so only sound with a certain level will be listened. The second one is the angle where the sound is emitted. So if someone on the left or on the right talk or make some noise it will be ignored. The third is if the skeleton is tracked and it is within zero and X distance from the kinect.

It can be improved, but i hope it helps.