PDA

View Full Version : PVR to VT[3]

Stiderotte
11-15-2003, 12:42 PM
Hi,
I just installed a VT[3] and want to tranfer my PVR data over to the VT[3]. I have access to the PVR drive (networked) from my VT[3] system. How do I go about transfering these files? I would like to transfer those files so I can get rid of the PVR. Also, I have a stand-alone LW7.5 and Aura 2.5 that I would like to use instead of LW-VT and Aura-VT. How do I get to use them through the Toaster menu?
Thanks for any help
Francois

Jim Capillo
11-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Looks like you'll have to export them in a format common to both machines. What codecs do you have on the PVR?

If you have that capability, it's as easy as saving them out then accessing them with the VT[3].

Paul Lara
11-15-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Stiderotte
Also, I have a stand-alone LW7.5 and Aura 2.5 that I would like to use instead of LW-VT and Aura-VT. How do I get to use them through the Toaster menu?

Francois,
You do realize that the versions of Aura and LightWave you have on your T[3] system are identical to your stand-alone versions, no?

Stiderotte
11-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Paul Lara
Francois,
You do realize that the versions of Aura and LightWave you have on your T[3] system are identical to your stand-alone versions, no?

Yes, but I have plugins tied to the stand alone license!

bradl
11-15-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Stiderotte
Yes, but I have plugins tied to the stand alone license!

Have you tried adding you license key to you VT3 install. I know the licence file can hold multiple keys each on a separate line.

Kevin_P
11-16-2003, 04:29 PM
I just transferred my files from PVR to VT a few weeks ago.
I found that converting the files was not that very practical, due to the swapping of the fields from upper to lower field first. I tried converting footage in both After Effects and Aura and found that the quality loss was significant.

Instead, I transferred my stuff via component analog from the PVR to the VT3. There was no discernable loss in image quality.

The main drawback of analog component transfer is that you don't have much control during playback/recording. But, hypothetically, if you had the RS-422 control option for the PVR you could control the PVR from your VT3 for frame accurate capture.

Anyway, straight-up analog component transfer is real time and the quality is great. Done, done and done... :)

Hope this helps,
Kevin Petajan