PDA

View Full Version : 3D Vision Pro not working

vncnt
11-06-2013, 10:53 AM
I have a GTX690 with an ASUS 3D monitor, latest drivers and even the final 11.6 version of LightWave.

So why is it still not working?
Tried every stereo-3D mode I could find. Every combination in LW.

If this feature is working in the lab, please show us how to do it.

ecsegar
11-06-2013, 11:38 AM
I've got it working, but only in vpr, you must set it to full screen mode in the vpr control panel plugin

well, let me amend that ... it works often, but not always

vncnt
11-06-2013, 10:34 PM
I've got it working, but only in vpr, you must set it to full screen mode in the vpr control panel plugin

well, let me amend that ... it works often, but not always

I already did all of that.

Even my Unity3D projects use the stereo-3D mode correctly. So itīs not my setup.

ecsegar
11-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Try a couple of different projects, I found it doesn't work on some, but can't figure why.
also, give it a minute, it starts rendering normal, but goes stereo after partial rendering.

vncnt
11-10-2013, 02:08 AM
Found out I had to connect my primary diplay (the stereo-3D display) to DVI port1 (the GTX690 has 3, I had it connected to #2) and my secondary display (Nec PA271W) was already connected to the displayport, for 10bit color.

Now it works.

ecsegar
11-12-2013, 09:13 AM
good to hear it's working for you.

Are you working with stereo video? I was hoping to find more info on this subject, but I only find older posts in my search.

vncnt
11-13-2013, 01:03 AM
Not yet.
I'm still polishing the pipeline for character animation.
As soon as I finish the development of the "RigManager" plugin for Layout I'll try to build a small & simple character animation in stereo-3D.
During the development I also use my "LW-link" plugin for Vegas to setup a small & simple story in my NLE, linked to the project files in other.

sources:
- stereo photo's (and web-quality video): Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3
- stereo stills/animation: LightWave 11.6
- stereo matchmove: SynthEyes 1308
- stereo VFX: Fusion 6.4
- stereo music: Reason 7 :-)
- stereo NLE: Vegas Pro 12
- stereo glasses: NVIDIA 3D Vision 2
- stereo screen: ASUS 3D 27" (VG278HE)

At IBC 2013 I noticed how the focus of 90% of the industry has shifted to less complicated and cheaper new developments like "4K" or "Ultra-HD" to induce sales.

Stereo-3D will remain a small market as long as glassless stereo-3D displays/projectors are not widely available.

I also noticed that you need to buy a relative expensive software player to playback stereo-3D Blu-ray Disks or stereo-3D media files.

These things do not stimulate to buy stereo-3D related equipment or content.

ecsegar
11-13-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm just starting on rigging, so I'll be following "RigManager", I have vegas (not pro) and would be interested in knowing more about your plugin.

A while ago I bought a sony td10 stereo cam, it's pretty limited, but lot's of fun, wish I could use it for bg in lw.
Thanks, I have to look into the SythEyes and Fusion, never used them, but green screen arrived today so I'm heading in that direction.

I was reading how sales focus is moving on to these other formats, though there will always be folks that like 3d, it won't become very popular until they find a good glassless solution.

btw, my panosonic blu ray drive came with still and video playback software, n/p with 3d vision 1.
I'm going to press a blu ray to see how vegas output runs on a consumer tv.

Areyos Alektor
11-17-2013, 07:58 PM
"Autostereoscopic" screens exist you have one on your "W3" ;) There are that have eye tracking. But the future is not here I think given the slowdown in the market for the benefit of the "UHD" (4K). It's the "holographic" which seems to be the next step. If you are interested :

http://www.artinthe5thdimension.com/#!

"IBM" announced work on it and 5-10 years of waiting.

For my part I use "JVC GS-TD1" and for 3D tracking my choice is focused on "PFMatchit" of "The Pixel Farm" (+ "PFHoe"). For the screens I use "Samsung" on "AMD". Makes well with "VEGAS" :)

For output I have a standalone "Autostereoscopic" display (that I can plug in USB on the camera) and "Panasonic" Blu-ray players.

Currently I'm on the "Blackmagic Pocket film Camera", she allows the RAW video. And as there is the possibility of using the "LANC" is promising to synchronize 2.

vncnt
11-18-2013, 04:48 AM
Currently I'm on the "Blackmagic Pocket film Camera", she allows the RAW video. And as there is the possibility of using the "LANC" is promising to synchronize 2.

Frame accurate sync via genlock is not possible with the BMD cameras.

Areyos Alektor
11-18-2013, 03:51 PM
It isn't what I would call a problem the fact that "Blackmagic Design" is not integrated it into its cameras. Control via a PC or a home command using the "LANC" and "Metadata" will work just fine. I made already just with infrared on "Kodak" cameras. And once sent in "Vegas" it works very well. It's very flexible and offers numerous possibilities via scripts.

Finally for the moment I am not there. I try to make the smooth playback for the "RAW" video in different softwares that I use. And after I would see to use the "LANC" on one camera.

ecsegar
11-19-2013, 03:50 PM
"Autostereoscopic" screens exist you have one on your "W3" ;) There are that have eye tracking. But the future is not here I think given the slowdown in the market for the benefit of the "UHD" (4K). It's the "holographic" which seems to be the next step. If you are interested :

http://www.artinthe5thdimension.com/#!

Very interesting, ... thank you!

I wrote PFHoe out because of price , but Matchit looks affordable, guess I'll have to catch up on those tuts.

What standalone display are you using?

Those Blackmagics look very nice indeed. Pretty cool if you can sync them up.

Areyos Alektor
12-26-2013, 11:43 AM
"PFHoe" is no longer for sale. That's why they make the choice to lower the price of "PFMatchit". It was most interesting for them because updating "PFHoe" would have involved a complete rewrite of the software. In 3 cases on 4, "PFHoe" is the ideal solution then last year they do so to update "PFMatchit" to make it a true replacement for "PFHoe" (simple, fast, efficient and stable).

In practice I use 2. "PFMatchit" has great interest to make the Stereography tracking because it supports it natively.

A "Gadmei P83" (8", 1280*768, 188 PPI, LED).
It supports the "UST HOST", so I can plug it directly into the "JVC" camera or an external hard drive.