PDA

View Full Version : LW 11.6 Instance Nodes bug

McLeft
11-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Hi,
Looks like new LW 11.6 has a critical bug with Instance Generator nodes.
Connecting anything (textures, constants etc.) to Weight, Time Scale and Time Offset inputs causes LW 11.6 to crash.

Could anyone confirm that, please? I'd like to make sure it is not my setup problem.

jameswillmott
11-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the report, this was discovered too late for 11.6, but should be fixed for the next maintenance release.

alexs3d
11-06-2013, 07:39 AM
jup, can confirm, thatīs not good, hope it will be fixed soon.

thanks james for the info.

Kuzey
11-06-2013, 12:32 PM
should be fixed for the next maintenance release.

Oooooooooooh...now that's music to my ears :)

jwiede
11-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the report, this was discovered too late for 11.6, but should be fixed for the next maintenance release.

James, can you confirm whether there will actually be another maintenance release in the LW11 development cycle (for this and some of the other nastier issues in 11.6)?

spherical
11-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Looks like that's what he already did. A maintenance release isn't a version release; it's within the version or it'd be an upgrade. So, "should be fixed for the next maintenance release" pretty much says it all.

matts152
11-20-2013, 10:56 AM
any news on this bug fix??? this is killing me. Kinda need to put things into that node!!!. kinda breaks the entire instancing system. lol.

jameswillmott
11-20-2013, 05:43 PM
It's been reported a few times, it *has* been fixed and will be in the next maintenance release, which has been planned and is currently having bug-fixes added to it, I can't say when that will be released for beta though.

greg.reyna
11-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Funny, Layout just crashed on me for that exact reason. I returned to a tab showing a Discussion search I did earlier today, and here's this link staring at me.

I've been trying everything I could think of to get a very simple FK object to offset, and nothing worked. The Flocked & Instanced flapping object is made up of 2 rectangular boxes and 2 bones. One bone bends on the Pitch, 10 frames into bend, 10 frames back to flat, repeat; that's it. I tried every possible permutation of Time Scale and Time Offset on the Instance Generator, and other Flocking and Instancing controls too, but the 27-object flock continued to flap in synch. I thought I'd see if Nodes might work and got the crash.

MDD files offset fine, but of course those objects have to be cloned. I haven't been able to get an object like this one to offset, be it FK or IK.

Should I send this scene to NewTek?

Greg

jameswillmott
11-25-2013, 11:58 PM
I've been trying everything I could think of to get a very simple FK object to offset, and nothing worked. T

You have to copy your object and manually offset the animation a few times, then add each copy to your instance generator, no way to automate the offset at the moment.

greg.reyna
11-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Thanks James, I thought I was misunderstanding the controls somehow.