PDA

View Full Version : Kinect 10 -error message

hokolo
11-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Today, I installed the final update of Lightwave 11.6 on my computer (win7-64). Layout and modeler started without problems.
Additional I installed the nevron motion folder into the the ...support/plugins - directory. When I now launch Layout (or modeler),
there is an error message: "Program cannot be launched, kinekt 10.dll is missing on this computer. Install the program again"
Clicking the ok-button closes the error-message, and Layout (or modeler) starts. Restarting the computer, and a new installation of LW 11.6 doesn't help.
Assigning the nevron motion-plugin in the layout-menue (as proposed in the manual in the setup-tab) - same error.
Do I have to setup the kinekt-driver - I have no kinekt device?
I googled for kinekt 10.dll - nothing found.

What is going wrong??????

Tranimatronic
11-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Do I have to setup the kinekt-driver - I have no kinekt device?

Yes. Install the kinectSDK. Restart. You should be good
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindowsdev/Start.aspx

calilifestyle
11-01-2013, 06:25 PM
can you Get the Kinect to run on the sdks apps that came with the drives.

LW_Will
11-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Could this a Kinect for PC/ Kinect for XBOX thing?

hokolo
11-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Until now, I want to use the nevron motion plugin only for retarget bvh-files. To buy a kinect hardware, I think, it is better to wait a bit....

LW_Will
11-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Then, just load the driver on your installation page and leave it at that...

JamesCurtis
11-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm still on a Vista 84bit system and the SDK one and the one supplied by Newtek both fail to start install stating I need Windows 7 or higher. Putting a new system together later this year or early next 2014. Anything I can do in the meantime? Really just wanting to do re-targeting of BVH's for now.

Davewriter
11-04-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm afraid that is true... you do need Win 7 +
It's one of the things slowing me down as well. My machine is Vista and my wife's Win 7 machine I just cannot pry out of her hand...