PDA

View Full Version : Is this the final version of LW 11.6 or?

jaxtone
11-01-2013, 01:09 AM
I am confused! Got me an e-mail telling me that the final version of LW 11.6 were available for download, but I am not sure if the version is the final since the documentation files tells something completely different. How would I know if this is the final when the information files describe a pre-release?

In case this is the final version I wonder if I am supposed to delete the old version installed on my computer first, or will the new final version overwrite the old one by automation?

(The same questions are relevant for the newly announced final version of NEVRON but IŽll pass that one to another part of this forum.)

50one
11-01-2013, 02:47 AM
I am confused! Got me an e-mail telling me that the final version of LW 11.6 were available for download, but I am not sure if the version is the final since the documentation files tells something completely different. How would I know if this is the final when the information files describe a pre-release?

In case this is the final version I wonder if I am supposed to delete the old version installed on my computer first, or will the new final version overwrite the old one by automation?

(The same questions are relevant for the newly announced final version of NEVRON but IŽll pass that one to another part of this forum.)

Well, lucky you for getting any emails:) current version is RC4, so definitely not a final release.

funk
11-01-2013, 02:52 AM
Well, lucky you for getting any emails:) current version is RC4, so definitely not a final release.

You might want to check again. The final was released

- - - Updated - - -

They most likely just forgot to update the readme files.

I always remove previous beta versions and delete my config files before installing. I have never had any problems

jaxtone
11-01-2013, 03:26 AM
Ok! Thanks a lot funk!

- - - Updated - - -

50one! So you donŽt get any e-mails? Maybe I get them because I signed up for e-mail updates!

50one
11-01-2013, 03:27 AM
You might want to check again. The final was released

- - - Updated - - -

They most likely just forgot to update the readme files.

I always remove previous beta versions and delete my config files before installing. I have never had any problems

Thanks for the heads up. Although the readme says 29th the installer says 30th, to me it looks like another release candidate, why is the file not named blablah-final or whatever?

50one
11-01-2013, 03:32 AM
Ok! Thanks a lot funk!

- - - Updated - - -

50one! So you donŽt get any e-mails? Maybe I get them because I signed up for e-mail updates!

Where do you sign up for email updates? I thought that you only need to specify an email address in your user account?

Edit: seems I've got both option ticked in user account so no idea why I'm not getting any emails....

MarcusM
11-01-2013, 03:59 AM
I also did not get any emails until i subscribed newsletter:
https://www.lightwave3d.com/newsletters/subscribe/

Andy Webb
11-01-2013, 04:38 AM
The email definitely says final release.

erikals
11-01-2013, 07:04 AM
Yep. final release, now move on to LightWave 12.... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/boogiedown.gif

50one
11-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Yep. final release, now move on to LightWave 12.... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/boogiedown.gif

Well said, well said.

Kuzey
11-01-2013, 01:16 PM

Well said, well said.

Not if you're on a Mac..with standard system features not working. I'm hoping for a 11.6.1 hot fix...to fix the things that weren't fixed in the gold version :P