PDA

View Full Version : Bad Robot ! Spilled the coffee... bad robot !

ArtGoblin
10-31-2013, 06:57 PM
Been a long time since I posted anything here... mostly because I've been very very busy and also becouse It's been a long time since I rendered anything in Lightwave. The school I am studying in is openminded towards software but often I'm forced to deliver assignments in a maya or 3dMax format because those are the only two programs the teachers really know enough on to be able to see what we are doing inside the software. But finally this fun little lighting/rendering assignment came along which only asks that we prefferably try out working in linear color space and we only need to deliver the final render, not the scene files. The model some of the old schoolers will likely recognice. It's the sci-fi scene from 3dRender.com Modeled by Juan Carlos Silva.

Here's my take on it and I'm fairly happy with the result.

http://imageshack.com/a/img36/2149/t27h.jpg

11-01-2013, 12:15 PM
I like.
Nice composition and framing.
Great atmosphere.

ArtGoblin
11-02-2013, 06:44 AM
Thanks :) the composition, framing and lighting was really all I did... with a couple of very simple shaders... I love that Lightwave has the composition overlay's to help out framing the scene. This one is roughly based around the Godproportion spiral, that and a small tilt of the camera to make the coffee spilling a bit more of a drama

nemofish
11-03-2013, 07:51 PM
One thing I think you need to modify is the coffee spilled on the ground.
But good job!

ArtGoblin
11-04-2013, 06:54 AM
One thing I think you need to modify is the coffee spilled on the ground.
But good job!

Ohh yess I totally agree with that... I had some pretty tight time restraints on this assignment. but I like the results so much that I think I'll go into the comp and fix it

sony
11-04-2013, 07:51 AM
can hardly see the coffee