PDA

View Full Version : Aliasing problems in render

Galleddrim
10-31-2013, 11:04 AM
I am having some aliasing issues in a render for a still image that I'm working on. It's strange that the AA seems to work well on some areas and not at all in others--particularly very high contrast areas, it looks like. No matter how high I crank up the AA samples, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I've played around with the sample patterns and reconstruction filters too without any effect.

My settings are 2560x1440, 36 samples, Classic reconstruction filter, Low-discrepancy sampling pattern, adaptive sampling off, Oversample 0.5.

This is a full sized crop of the image with affected areas circled.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

zardoz
10-31-2013, 12:12 PM
try to limit the dynamic range to 2 (for example), you can try 3 or so too in the render globals

Galleddrim
10-31-2013, 03:26 PM
try to limit the dynamic range to 2 (for example), you can try 3 or so too in the render globals

Thanks, that seems to help. I don't see any setting for the limit though. Just a check box to turn "Limit Dynamic Range" on and off. Where do you set the value? Is this something that maybe was in previous versions of LW and has been removed or hidden? I am on the 11.6 prerelease.

zardoz
10-31-2013, 05:12 PM
oops sorry. in the Effects window, Processing, you have again Limit Dynamic Range and here you can set the values (insert 2 or 3 in the Maximum)