PDA

View Full Version : Nevron install questions!

jaxtone
10-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi!

I bought Nevron just before my computer crashed a couple of months ago. Now I got a new computer and are about to install Nevron on it. But there are logical holes in the install instructions so I have to ask to do this right!

Here are the installation instructions from the information file that came with Nevron:

(For the prerelease version of NevronMotion, the files are supplied in a single zip file. Inside the zip’s NevronMotion folder are two folders named bin and Genoma. The files in bin (FaceTrackData.dll, FaceTrackLib.dll, KinectForWindows.p, msvcp110.dll, msvcr110.dll and NevronMotion.p) should be placed in your <username>\.NewTek\LightWave11.6\Plugins folder on Windows.)

There are no plugin folder located at the address newtek announce!
There are no name folder located at the address Newtek announce!

What am I supposed to do? On my computer itīs more like this: USER/ADMINISTRATOR/NEWTEK/LIGHTWAVE/11.6

In the map 11.6 there are three folders: CONFIGS! LICENSES! PRESETS!

Where do you mean that the plugin folder shall be created by me or do you
mean that its located elsewhere on my harddisks?

Tranimatronic
10-30-2013, 05:36 PM
are you on Windows? I'm slightly suspicious when I see unix style path names (forward slashes)
Ill post the exact path I have when I get to my home computer.
Also I notice you are logged in as admin. Are there any other users on your machine ? It could be the path may be correct for the user that Lightwave was installed as.

ps. The newtek path says <user>\.NewTek\ notice the "." do you have a ".NewTek" folder?

jaxtone
10-31-2013, 03:03 AM
No no no no no ! The backslashes was just a mistake, I am definitely on Windows! Windows 7 Professional to be correct! But hereīs an image to make things more clear. Donīt know why the team that built this computer installed a Swedish version of Windows 7 but its kind of irrational when I communicate with people abroad! Ok letīs skip this for now an focus on the attached image!

BeeVee
10-31-2013, 05:47 AM
If you don't have a plugins folder in C:\Users\<user>\.NewTek\LightWave\11.6, create one.

B

jaxtone
10-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks BeeVee! I will! Just wanted to know if this was the right thing to do or if there were other optional folders to use first!

hansen
01-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Hi I am running into a similar problem. Sure I can work it out but generally pissed and snotty that I have to. If just the install instructions are so poorly written I am not looking forward to what lays ahead when I try and use this plugin.

1. Unzip (good)
2. Creates a folder named NevronMotion_Mac (good)
3. Inside is a folder named Genoma
4. Inside this folder are two other folders. From the one named plugin , place CreateNevronMotionCapture.lsc in Lightwave > support > plugins > genoma
5. From the folder named rig, place it’s contents in: support > genoma > rigs > Complex_rigs > Bipeds
6. There is a folder named Bin? No idea here. I assume the plugins go in the plugins folder. What about the other stuff? Presets? A folder named l10n???

They need to rewrite this. Give separate instructions for Mac and PC. Actually write less when telling where to place items in the Rig and Plugin folder. (Try reading that paragraph out loud to see what I mean). And finally give exact addresses for all the items in the folder named Bin! Now I could have probably figured all of this out in half the time it took me to write all that but am sick of poorly written instructions. it is like these instructions are just an after thought!

jaxtone
01-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Thankīs for the information Hansen. I really appreciate every little hint and sign that can make me jump up on the Nevron track again. To be true I am not technical at all, I could even say I hate technical aspects when they overcome creativitty, and when it comes to techs and script I just run the other way!

I bought Nevron and 11.6 because I thought Lightwave at last did leave the old school technical CA but to be true, I fell asleep before I went through the instructions five times. When nothing works and youīll have to start from scratch everytime "coma" is and understatement. But I will read your text carefully and see if I get it!

BeeVee
01-09-2014, 02:55 AM
They need to rewrite this. Give separate instructions for Mac and PC. Actually write less when telling where to place items in the Rig and Plugin folder. (Try reading that paragraph out loud to see what I mean). And finally give exact addresses for all the items in the folder named Bin! Now I could have probably figured all of this out in half the time it took me to write all that but am sick of poorly written instructions. it is like these instructions are just an after thought!

The very first paragraph should be enough, no? (Copy the zip’s NevronMotion folder to <username>\.NewTek\LightWave\11.6\Plugins folder on Windows or ~/Library/Application Support/NewTek/LightWave/11.6/ on OS X). The other parts are only if you have a custom installation.

B