PDA

View Full Version : Modeler Possible Surface Smoothing Bug!!

jboudreau
10-30-2013, 05:30 AM
Hi

When I load a model into modeler and have multiple layers selected, when I go to click on smoothing nothing happens. The surface will not smooth it stays the same. If I unselect all the layers and just select the layer that I want to smooth then it works. If I have multiple layers selected and click on the surface I want to change everything works color, luminosity, specular etc. The only thing that does not work is smoothing.

Steps to recreate this issue

Create 3 balls on 3 separate layers
spread the balls apart so you can see all 3 balls
create a surface for each ball (ball1, ball2, ball3 etc.)
make sure you are in smooth shaded, texture or texture wireframe mode
select all 3 layers so you can see all 3 balls
open up surface editor
click on the first surface and click on smoothing (it should smooth) toggle it on and off it should work
now click on the second surface and click on smoothing (the second surface will smooth but when you toggle it off and on it stops working)
now click on the third surface and click on smoothing (the third surface will not smooth at all)

Also if you click on multiple surfaces at the same time and try and smooth all 3 surfaces only the first surface will smooth

Could someone please let me know if this is a bug or if this is how it's suppose to be

Thanks,
Jason

MarcusM
10-30-2013, 05:43 AM
Hi

I think a lot of people here know about this smoothing problem with many layers, including me... Maybe nobody yet send a bug report. Try do this and give a info when you receive confirmation that it was repaired.

jboudreau
10-30-2013, 05:47 AM
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I just fog bugged it and am downloading the new October 29th build to see if the problem has been fixed. I will keep you updated on what they tell me

Thanks,
Jason

djwaterman
10-30-2013, 07:52 AM
I just tried it and you are right about this, never noticed it myself. If you only have one layer selected but select a whole bunch of surfaces in the surface editor and check smoothing, it does smooth all the surface in one hit, but it's strange that it wont let you do it when you multi select the layers themselves.

jboudreau
10-30-2013, 07:56 AM
I just tried it and you are right about this, never noticed it myself. If you only have one layer selected but select a whole bunch of surfaces in the surface editor and check smoothing, it does smooth all the surface in one hit, but it's strange that it wont let you do it when you multi select the layers themselves.

Hi

I fog bugged it and the support team told me it was a bug due to OpenGL Lag, They sent it to a developer to fix the problem.

Thanks,
Jason