PDA

View Full Version : Help File

scarabrae
10-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi Guys. Purchased 11.5 and upgraded to 11.6 - however the F1 help just take me to an empty browser page. Any ideas of how to install help or is more a matter of searching through the various pdf's?

Cheers

Pete

PixelDust
10-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Which browser are you using? I couldn't get it to work with Chrome, but it works for me in Firefox or IE. The help file should be in C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 11.6\docs\Help by default.

The F1 help file only covers features up to LW 10, so you'll need to look at the PDF addendums for help on the newer features.

scarabrae
10-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks. I was using chrome, firefox working as expected, I've got the pdf's. Cheers!

ArtGoblin
12-02-2013, 11:12 AM
is there any reason for it not to work with chrome? It's a bit annoying :/

Waves of light
12-02-2013, 03:12 PM
I'd hazard a guess and say it's because the layout of the help file html pages use frames and Chrome doesn't like it.

ArtGoblin
12-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Hmmm... going to check that tomorrow... quick search on google suggests there might be a fix/workaround, so maybe I can edit the html to work in chrome, not that I got anything against using firefox, it's just that I've gotten so used to Chrome by now, and I like to keep my ship nice and tidy :) thanks for the reply Waves of Light

BeeVee
12-03-2013, 02:34 AM
The various PDFs are four in number - the three LightWave 10 PDFs that are duplicated in the online Help, and one LightWave 11 Addendum. The one for the current version contains all the previous versions.

B

Waves of light
12-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Hmmm... going to check that tomorrow... quick search on google suggests there might be a fix/workaround, so maybe I can edit the html to work in chrome, not that I got anything against using firefox, it's just that I've gotten so used to Chrome by now, and I like to keep my ship nice and tidy :) thanks for the reply Waves of Light

If I get a spare minute I've have a crack at it. This is why I now only use wordpress and wordpress themes should a client want a site design, as they are already cross browser compatible, so you don't have to spend ages making your own code compatible.