PDA

View Full Version : LT and TAS XML/Datalink

accessfletch
10-29-2013, 07:10 AM
I think I know the answer, but I thought I'd throw it out there: It's not possible to use DataLink to parse a StatCrew/Automated Scorebook XML game file, is it? I tried using one just now, and while it's extremely possible I set it up incorrectly, I'm not seeing any key variables show up in LT when I have the file input in DataLink...

ZachSchuster
10-29-2013, 11:59 AM
I've only been able to do it by using a very complicated Excel spreadsheet to translate and filter the data. There is just too much data, and it's implemented in funky ways by StatCrew, to make it useless to Datalink.

accessfletch
10-29-2013, 01:40 PM
If you're referring to the AKScooter file, I fear that might be my only recourse. Do you run it on your LT machine, or do you have another machine run the Excel and place the TXT file onto your LT machine?

ZachSchuster
11-01-2013, 10:20 AM
I run the spreadsheet on the same computer as LiveText. We run LT on one screen, then the spreadsheet on a second monitor.

With a little Googling, you can find macros that will automate the data refresh and .txt file write, so your operator isn't continually clicking a button to refresh the data and then another one to write the new text file.