PDA

View Full Version : If in Hollywood see "Nightmare b4 Xmas" at the El Capitan with interactive FX

DonJMyers
10-28-2013, 01:51 PM
I've seen Nightmare Before Christmas in the theater several times in 2D once before in 3D, but the best version so far is at Disney's flagship theater the El Capitan in Hwd. It's where Citizen Kane premiered.

They've augmented the show with special FX lighting, snow, fog and more to really spice up the production. And of course it's all in digital 3D. When in LA run don't walk to see the show it ends just after Halloween of course.

The whole theater is decorated with interactive set pieces which light up during the movie at appropriate times: Halloween jack-o-lanters, xmas lights and of course black lighting for Oogie Boogie's lair.

http://elcapitan.go.com/

Davewriter
10-28-2013, 08:30 PM
So not to be the monkey in the wrench... but what kind of sticker shock was there for this?
I love what they do with some of these events, however it is usually the price that scares me away.

DonJMyers
10-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Oh general admission is $14 for adults or $11 for kids which is reasonable compared to the price of other 3d features.

Also, there is a museum in the basement with some of the sets/props and many storyboards.

It's the movie's 20th anniversary. Where does the time go?

Whelkn
10-31-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks Don--- I just bought tickets for sunday

DonJMyers
11-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks Don--- I just bought tickets for sunday

Where is my commission? Come to think of it why am I shilling for a studio that walked all over me??? :)