PDA

View Full Version : Problems importing camera motion from LW into Fusion

inkpen3d
10-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Hi,

I am experiencing problems getting camera motion from a LightWave (11.5.1) scene into Fusion (6.4) and was wondering if anyone could suggest where it is that I am going wrong or if there's some crucial step that I am missing out.

In LightWave I've baked the camera motion and exported the scene as a binary FBX201200 file with all options, including Animations, ticked. In Fusion, using the Import=>3D Scene option, the FBX file loads okay and Fusion creates a fully connected node network for all the objects/materials, lights, and the 3D Camera. However, there appears to be no animation applied to the 3D Camera (nor any other animated object in the scene for that matter). Anyone got any ideas?

Additionally, though possibly unrelated directly to the above, according to the Fusion documentation you should be able to import a camera motion directly from a LW scene by selecting the 3D Camera in Fusion and then clicking on the Import Camera button in the control panel and selecting the LWS file. However, when I do this Fusion throws an Unsupported file format warning (which, btw, I've already reported to Eyeon tech support). So I cannot get the camera motion into Fusion by that route either!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards,
Peter

inkpen3d
10-28-2013, 12:15 PM
For future reference:

I've had some feedback from the Eyeon technical support team regarding the problems I've been experiencing importing (camera) animations and LWS camera data...

It turns out that current versions of Fusion only support up to FBX2009 - setting the LW export FBX options to this format resulted in all animations importing correctly.

Also, FYI, Eyeon has made the decision not to provide further support for third party formats other than standards such as FBX, which is why it failed to recognise the LW11.5.1 scene file.

I've asked them to update the on-line documentation to make these points clear.

Regards,
Peter

Ztreem
02-12-2015, 03:19 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I put this info here so anyone that wonder can find it.

If you save the LW scene as LW6.0 format you can import the camera motion through the 'import camera' option in Fusion (tested in Fusion 7) from the LWS.

inkpen3d
02-12-2015, 03:55 AM
Thanks for sharing that information Ztreem - very useful to know! :)

Cheers,
Peter

Sensei
02-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Or replace temporarily 2nd row of lws.

"LWSC
5"

5 to 4, 3 or less.