PDA

View Full Version : VPR checkbox for saving VPR images with scenefile name?

prometheus
10-27-2013, 05:21 PM
How about this workflow enhancement.
Right now VPR automaticly saves the image by the name you set for rgb files, and in following x,x,x sequence number etc.
But how about a checkbox that could be checked, called use scenefile name.

That way it will automaticly save the image with the corresponding scenefile name, without you having to write it, so every scene you load and make preview image from
will get the correct name in relation to the scene, unless you uncheck it of course.
and the same goes for saving the scene under another name.

Michael

jwiede
10-29-2013, 01:03 PM
How about this workflow enhancement.
Right now VPR automaticly saves the image by the name you set for rgb files, and in following x,x,x sequence number etc.
But how about a checkbox that could be checked, called use scenefile name.

That way it will automaticly save the image with the corresponding scenefile name, without you having to write it, so every scene you load and make preview image from
will get the correct name in relation to the scene, unless you uncheck it of course.
and the same goes for saving the scene under another name.

+1, it's quite rare I want preview saved with "main render output name", but render settings/setup predefine the main render output name, forcing us to manually change it for VPR preview saves (and then also remember to change it back before again saving scene or render preset).

prometheus
10-29-2013, 06:41 PM
It goes something like this, I start working on experimental scenefiles like nebula 1...switch to vpr and click the preview render button, and it is a finished image with the name nebula 1, I do another tweak ..name the scene nebula 2, i click the vpr render button and it is saved as nebula 2.
or do another one called galaxy, and the image file is saved like galaxy.

if using it as it is now, the filename could be set to something like image1. image2 etc....or it could be set to a previous name called terrain from another scenefile earlier, and if I were to click directly on the vpr render button, the image file would be
saved as terrain, though in fact I am working and rendering a nebula image.
This is why it would be more accurate to have an optional checkbox for default if you would want, which names the files according to the scenefile.

Michael