PDA

View Full Version : Check this out - "View New Posts in Video Toaster Forums"

bradl
11-15-2003, 12:17 AM
I like to use "View New Posts" sometimes, but with that you get all the forums (mostly LW stuff). I kept playing around with the search options and found no way of 'getnew' and restrict to Video Toaster from the search page. About to give up I looked at the actual URL's for many different types of links and finally came up with exactly what I wanted! I am so proud of myself...

I am going to put this in my LINK bar. OK here it is for those of you who want it-
View New Posts in Video Toaster Forums (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/search.php?s=&action=getnew&forumid=33)

You're welcome...

Scott Bates
11-15-2003, 08:02 AM
You're welcome...
:cool: Thank you Brad. My mouse loves you 'cause he hates it when I never stop clicking on stuff :D

Tom Wood
11-15-2003, 10:06 AM
Ah, come on Brad, now you'll miss all the platform wars. :p

TW

bradl
11-15-2003, 09:34 PM
Tom,

Looks like you have been getting busy with Mirage! My wife and I have had some sparks fly between us, but not so many with a kiss... sigh.

There are so many forums now, I was just looking for a way to streamline. I check 7 different ones just for VT alone!

Since you are just up the road, we ought to see about having a Newtek user's meeting in this area sometime. There have been some in the past, but been a few years AFAIK...

Tom Wood
11-16-2003, 08:55 AM
Hey Brad,

Yup, been playing with the new toys. Making a GIF in 2K or less (and 1K for CG Talk) forces you to really look at each frame and render setting.

I -think- I'm about two weeks away from a first episode of a TV show I'm producing to initially air on local cable access. I was thinking about it last night in terms of comparison to the rollercoasters at Fiesta. I want the tech part to be like the Superman, a smooth ride. But I want the overall experience to be like the Rattler, holy crap this thing is about to crash!

Yeah, it would be fun if the Central Texans could sit down together now and then. I've always wanted to stop at the Fuddruckers in Sealy and see the jail. Or there's the Hoffthingywhatever in New Braunfels.

TW

bradl
11-16-2003, 11:46 AM
I rode the Rattler once a few years ago, pre slowed down mode I think, and was scared to death. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Through the years I thought I was pretty tough and could handle anything, but that changed my mind...

mgrusin
11-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Wow, I've been missing that feature ever since they went to the new forums. Thanks Brad!

Any idea how to search for new posts since a certain time/date? (for when you lose your last-login time by following one of the notification emails :D ).

-MG

bradl
11-18-2003, 07:29 PM
I looked at the source on the search page to see how the search is actually formed and it is not real obvious, involving option values (apparently their hex values) and a specific sessionid. There was a code for messages from yesterday (1), a week ago (5), 2 weeks ago (10). etc. but 'getnew' doesn't appear in the source and would probably be mutually exclusive of a specified date range. Somewhere your date of last visit is calculated (cookie most likely) and could possibly be fudged.

Just in case you didn't see it, you can search by date (limited choices) on the search page.

mgrusin
11-19-2003, 12:03 PM
For some reason the supplied date search doesn't work for me; it complains that it also wants a word to search on, but doesn't like the wildcard '*'.

Thanks for looking, and thanks again for the 'new VT posts' link! (I don't know what I'm going to do with all the time it saves me, though I do have to say that I've learned a lot of Lightwave by wading through all those messages :D ).

-MG

Scott Bates
11-22-2003, 09:40 AM
The new posts search seems to have stopped working for me this morning. Keep getting a vBulletin Message saying, "Invalid search specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"

bradl
11-24-2003, 02:56 PM
Working fine here. Try clearing cookies or logout/login forum. I used to try to keep cookies for long periods but now regularly clear them all out and rely on Roboform (and a xls spreadsheet) for keeping up with all my logon and account details. Roboform really is awesome. Pro version is even better.