PDA

View Full Version : Import from DAZ Studio 4.6 PRO Fail

jaxtone
10-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Hi!

I just bought me a new computer and installed my programs. Lightwave 11.6 and DAZ Studio 4.6 PRO were also installed just as on my old computer.

But when I now try to export 3D models from DAZ Studio 4.6 PRO into Lightwave 11.6 nothing works at all. The only thing that appears in Lightwave 11.6 is a lot of dots and a text saying this:

Error on object loading. Error encounted, keep the partially loaded object?

The export/import sessions worked perfectly well before I bought the new computer and installed all software again. The installation processes might have failed but never informed about any errors or were corrupted during the installation process.

I even tried this in my old copy of Lightwave 11.5 without success. What can possibly have gone wrong?

bobakabob
10-26-2013, 02:43 AM
Have you checked the plugins are installed?

jaxtone
10-26-2013, 02:54 AM
You mean like a special plugin for the import from DAZ?

The strange thing is that Lightwave wonīt even open files that easily was opened with LW 11.5.

Anyway, this is what it looks like when trying to import a church! Just a lot of vertical and horizontal dots.

jaxtone
10-26-2013, 03:05 AM
Hereīs an image!

bobakabob
10-26-2013, 03:29 AM
No I meant LW's import export plugins. Try manually installing in modeler. Also close LW and the Hub and delete your configs before you do this. Hope this helps.

jaxtone
10-26-2013, 04:03 AM
Please be more specifik I am not updated when it comes to configs!

Can you please try a step by step explanation?

prometheus
10-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Ah...so it is daz causing the export errors?

I think I saw something about people having issues with the export from the latest daz 4.6
try importing obj from the older daz versions to see if it in fact might be daz 4.6

otherwise...why donīt you export out in fbx format, you get so much more, bones textures,animation etc...if you only want the geometry...just kill of the bones and textures in the fbx file.
In the daz -lightwave pipeline thread I wrote, you have a pdf doc showcasing how.

for creating new configs...it means, close lightwave and the hub, delete the configs in your lightwave folder, start lightwave again and it will automaticly create new fresh ones.
but if you have installed plugins, you need to reinstall the plugins too.

Michael

jaxtone
10-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Thanks Michael!

I have now tried to export FBX from DAZ and it worked perfectly well... but how come Lightwave canīt open old OBJ files created long before the DAZ 4.6 where updated? It seems very much like Lightwave has it part in this mess as well! Then I am in deep trouble attacked from two angles and without technical skills or interest itīs a dead end! AAAAAARRGGHHH!

prometheus
10-28-2013, 10:39 AM
can you post the file please? if it is a daz figure.
if it works with my lw build2706 or older, then it might be the latest build that has the issues, so please post the file...

spherical
10-28-2013, 11:20 PM
but how come Lightwave canīt open old OBJ files created long before the DAZ 4.6 where updated? It seems very much like Lightwave has it part in this mess as well! Then I am in deep trouble attacked from two angles and without technical skills or interest itīs a dead end! AAAAAARRGGHHH!

Before completely blaming LW, how about posting an OBJ that you can't open and we'll see if we can? As I've stated in many other threads, I have opened many OBJ files and have not encountered ANY problem WHATSOEVER. This is getting really old....

jaxtone
10-29-2013, 02:55 AM
Could you possibly send me your computer with DHL today I promise you I will not complain that things donīt work as expected? I just wanīt to let you know that the fact that things work at you place doesnīt help me a bit!

spherical
10-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Yes, it does. It means that there is hope and that an answer can be found. I guess some people don't get that concept, as I've been berated before for confirming that something does work as expected. Whatever. Information is information. Do with it what you will... or don't. Being snide doesn't help us help you and certainly is a put-off to going any further.

jaxtone
10-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Spherical! You are right! Hope is what keeps my nose over the surface at the moment!

jaxtone
11-01-2013, 06:02 PM
However! This is really a problem since trust for the support on each side on the border of LW and DAZ doesnīt say much about the effort or success they make when trying to fix this software downpeak. (Have to say downpeak since everything worked perfect before the two software teams at two different companies started to make things "better" :(