PDA

View Full Version : [Manba FX] by SGO

Areyos Alektor
10-23-2013, 05:55 PM
It's a nodal system.

I saw not much things to his subject and I don't believe that there is a topic about it. I don't have action and nobody else besides, even NEWTEK :D But the launch price (239) is rather aggressive compared to what it has to offer. For me it's a good surprise. I did not yet have crash, just some quirk. But it's still in beta. With this version there is no "OUTPUT" function. There are therefore some parts of unknown but the beta is free access. A few nice words: "keying", "tracking", "3D camera", "color grading", "mask", "vector painting", "OpenFX", etc...

Note that it uses "CUDA" (damage for me) and that there is no "MAC" version.

I know Blender. But this one I see as a pseudo-little brother of Fusion 4/5 modernized. It remains a personal opinion ;)

http://www.sgo.es/2013/09/sgo-unleashes-mamba-fx-accelerating-compositing-to-new-levels/

http://www.sgo.es/mambafx/

http://www.mambatutorials.com/index.html

http://www.sgo.es/shop/

Areyos Alektor
10-24-2013, 02:20 PM
There is a new beta. They announce the final version in a few days, but without indicating the new price or until when the introductory offer is valid.

m.d.
10-24-2013, 03:43 PM
looks like a pretty solid product....

Mistika by SGO was always like a cross between fusion and flame......some nodal coming with realtime effects...

If i was leaving AE and was looking to hitfilm....this would definitely be a better more powerful alternative

Areyos Alektor
10-25-2013, 04:07 PM
For "Flame", you could explain for comparison ? Would be interesting to know more.

KurtF
10-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the link. I've been looking for an affordable nodal compositor for some time. I remember 'Ramen' which was interesting, but the developer hasn't worked on it (or made any posts) for some time. On the Mac there is Conduit (http://www.lacquer.fi/conduiteffectsystem.html) which is available as a stand alone version, or as a plug in for Final Cut, After Effects, Motion, etc.

This MambaFX looks more full featured than Conduit, with painting and tracking. Will have to investigate this further.

Thanks again.

Areyos Alektor
10-27-2013, 07:24 PM
It's a pleasure to share :)

The interface is a bit heavy at first but you get used to it quickly. What is interesting is found the VFX part of "Mistika" but without that is a lighter version, it's a full software by itself. 2 softwares share the same technologies which is rather a good thing. For example they plan the arrival of the "Cloud Tracking" for V1.2 (at the same time as "Mistika"). At "SGO" it seem rather reactive to the user returns.

Dodgy
10-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Is the 1920x1200 resolution really the minimum res as stated on the web page? As I was thinking about picking it up for my laptop which only has a 1600x900 screen.

Areyos Alektor
10-28-2013, 02:39 PM
It's thought for the dual monitor and the 1920 * 1200 (or 2560 * 1440) :D
(inherited from "Mistika")

But quite a lot of elements have been added or modified since the beginning of the beta. You can have two screens of different resolutions, use only one screen and set the resolution !

Create a batch file (ex : mamba.bat) and put:
set MISTIKA_SCREEN_X = 1600
set MISTIKA_SCREEN_Y = 900
mamba.exe

And use it to launch the software.

The resolution in the "Config Utility" is used for projects.

The latest beta is the RC version. You can try with.

Areyos Alektor
11-19-2013, 02:27 PM
What is new in Mamba FX 1.0.1:

New Features.

- Covered a hole left when maximizing TimeEditor in two screens configuration
- "Keyframe Graph" button recovered.
- Scope works correctly for YUV420 and YUV444
- Added render to YUV444 10 bit js files
- Deleting a node with links to it deletes the links too

Bug Fixed

- Maximizing of Time Editor in one screen layout fixed
- Fixes to undo / redo
- Mamba monitor maximize flash fixed.
- Deleting of the main output fixed if the outputs were loose
- Delete of main output fixed
- Deleting main output when link is used will delete the link first
- Monitors stop if maximized/minimized during playback.

jskck
01-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm a 3D and postproduction artist and I know a little bit about Mamba FX. So I'm here to talk about some things.

First of all is like you said, Mamba FX and Mistika use the same development team so... It's the same technology (great point). The second is that you can try the demo version (FREE) downloading it on the SGO's shop (www.sgo.es/shop). Third, even if you're a Mac user you can access to try it if you make a partition using Bootcamp. Not VirtualBox coz that process only emulates de OS and you won't use all the machine's potency. :)

Bout work with it? Really easy to introduce it on your workflow (it works with a lot of file types and, of course, it's a really good way to know a little bit bout Mistika's interface). So maybe it's time to try it and give it a chance!

Cheers to all,

jskck