PDA

View Full Version : KRAY Help - noob

tcoursey
10-22-2013, 09:21 AM
So I'm looking into Kray again. I say again, because I've checked it out in the past...but have never purchased or "used" it in any large way. I see more and more renders that look great and want to up the anti so to speak.

I've downloaded and watched some tutorials but when I try and just render out a simple scene (box) it crashes. I'm using LW 11.6 build 2708.

Is it that I'm using Lw11.6 and there are known issues or is it just not good at catching an incorrect setup...

Anyone with thoughts? Thanks.

jwiede
10-22-2013, 11:51 AM
You might want to ask on the Kray forums, as the Kray devs watch them fairly closely for issues. I've only done a couple Kray renders with 11.6 (2717) and while I've had a number of crashes (unsuprising), I've also had some successful renders. It appears LW3DG changed some stuff Kray depends on in the SDK, so until an updated release of Kray (or fixed release of LW) is available, I'd probably stick with using Kray with released versions of LW for now.

tcoursey
10-22-2013, 12:26 PM
You might want to ask on the Kray forums, as the Kray devs watch them fairly closely for issues. I've only done a couple Kray renders with 11.6 (2717) and while I've had a number of crashes (unsuprising), I've also had some successful renders. It appears LW3DG changed some stuff Kray depends on in the SDK, so until an updated release of Kray (or fixed release of LW) is available, I'd probably stick with using Kray with released versions of LW for now.

Thanks. Yea I saw some other renders with 11.6 in another forum here at Newtek. So I figured it was something I was doing wrong. I'll poke around some more. Thanks.

geo_n
10-22-2013, 11:46 PM
kray 2 is compatible only with lw 11.5.