PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 11.6 Pre Realease October 17 Update is available!!

jboudreau
10-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Hi Guys

I just noticed that the October 17th 2013 update to lightwave 11.6 pre release is available to download in your accounts

Thanks,
Jason

Snosrap
10-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Yep - lots of fixes. Started using it on Friday. Lots of fixes in Modeler(Select Loops and BandsawPro especially)and is now usable. Some other minor issues are still prevelant but so far no show stoppers.

aquinde
10-21-2013, 05:10 PM
I was excited about this until I installed it and found that Layout would crash upon loading many scenes. Not every scene, just the important ones I'm working on.

After several hours trying to troubleshoot I uninstalled build 6717 (for Mac OSX) and reinstalled build 6714. Everything seems OK now.

Guess I'll be sitting this build out.

Anybody experiencing similar problems?

chikega
10-21-2013, 06:32 PM
I loaded a scene and it will not load an HDR Probe image (exr). "Could not load clip. Unsupported file type and/or file not found." I've tried loading various HDR images and no success. :(

EDIT: It won't load any images anywhere in the program ... ugh.

aquinde
10-21-2013, 06:35 PM
I loaded a scene and it will not load an HDR Probe image (exr). "Could not load clip. Unsupported file type and/or file not found." I've tried loading various HDR images and no success. :(

I wonder if HDR images may be the problem. The scenes that crashed for me all involved HDR/exr maps.

zardoz
10-21-2013, 09:32 PM
try to update your plugins. Maybe the IO plugins aren't loaded properly. I've had this in the past and that was the problem.

Snosrap
10-21-2013, 09:38 PM
I wonder if HDR images may be the problem. The scenes that crashed for me all involved HDR/exr maps.

No problem here with HDR's.

chikega
10-21-2013, 09:59 PM
try to update your plugins. Maybe the IO plugins aren't loaded properly. I've had this in the past and that was the problem.

Yes, that did the trick! Thank you :)

jwiede
10-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Yes, that did the trick! Thank you :)

:bangwall: The "plugins disappearing" issue is really getting out of hand.

aquinde
10-22-2013, 12:20 PM

I tried rescanning all the plugins folders but no joy.
Maybe I'll try a un/re- install later when I have some time.

zardoz
10-22-2013, 05:23 PM
make sure that lightwave is saving the configs properly. if possible use the -c(folder) flag in the executable shortcut to select a folder to check easily if the configs are saved properly. rescan the plugin folders. I never had to uninstal lightwave...most of the time it's some problem with the configs.