PDA

View Full Version : Urgent !

THIBAULT
10-19-2013, 04:11 AM
Hi,
I've a newbee problem !
I have an object in my scene with a color texture. I make clones of this object, how can I change the color of the clones?
Thank you in advance

RebelHill
10-19-2013, 04:36 AM
You cant. A clone in layout is just another copy of the same object. You may have a gazillion clones, but there's only one object, with its one set of attributes.

Well... ok you can. Each clone of the item also contains a clone index, you can pull that out in nodal surfacing (you'll need true arts Item info to get the attribute) and use that number as a "switch" to make the (single objects) texture vary depending upon its layout clone number.

meshpig
10-19-2013, 04:56 AM
Another way is, this is pretty rough using DP Kit "item info" ( 2 cloned cubes), the Math/Vector/Distance node and a gradient so you can kinda spread various colours over the one surface. DP Kit is free.

THIBAULT
10-19-2013, 06:33 AM
Thank you very much guys!
I chose Dpkit but nothing. I have three colors but it does not change the clones. As I'm producing, I do not have time to try to understand at the moment. I create an object for each color (3).
I have attached a screenshot of the work in progress. I've to change the color of the walls.
I try to understand why it does not work as soon as I have a minute.
It is especially important that I understand the principle
Thank you for all

Dodgy
10-19-2013, 06:43 AM
It's fairly easy... Use the Instance node and a gradient. The Spot>Instance info node will give clones different random numbers from the Random scalar output and then just use that to drive a gradient for the colour. 117720

THIBAULT
10-19-2013, 07:27 AM
It's because i use ItemInfo and not InstanceInfo. It's OK now !
Thanks very much !
I've trying new 11.6 and i've many crash in rendering ! Where i post please ?