PDA

View Full Version : Stupid UI problem

Emmanuel
10-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Hi, folks,

I am getting confused, not only do we have two "Make Poly" tools in modeler, it seems I am getting haywired with the bullet tools, too:

whats the difference between "The "Make Deform Body", "Make Static Body", "Make Parts Body" etc, and the "Rigid Body", "Parts Body", "Deform Body" buttons ?
See screenshot. This took me three hours to figure out as bullet was not working with forcefields when I added the parts object via "Make Parts Body".

3DGFXStudios
10-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Your UI seems a bit broken. You can load a clean UI preset in the Edit menu layout window.

Emmanuel
10-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Doesnt solve the problem with the multiple commands that seem to do something, right ? They are in the Edit Menu tab, so if they are there, whats their purpose ?

prometheus
10-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Doesnt solve the problem with the multiple commands that seem to do something, right ? They are in the Edit Menu tab, so if they are there, whats their purpose ?

a lot of commands in the edit menu has a different name than what they are presented with in the UI button menus.
make dynamic kinematic body, is in the main window presented as only"kinematic body" itīs probably only a naming thing and saving UI space, they are the same in function and command.
when you configure the menu and in the edit menu and click select "make dynamic parts body" click on the find button (above load and save) and it will find the corresponding
command as it is organized in the window panel.

And yes..your UI seem to have been screwed up, the make dynamic body is most likely the same as the above named dynamic body. delete your configs and start layout again.
or manually remove them.

Michael