PDA

View Full Version : Instances weight texture

Boris Goreta
10-11-2013, 06:34 AM
I have 150 meshes in one instancer and I want to distribute them using weight texture ( T button ). I set this texture for the first mesh and now I want the rest 149 to have the same weight. How do I do that other then manually doing it 149 more times ?

jameswillmott
10-11-2013, 06:44 AM
It would help if we knew what you were trying to achieve, why do you need to weight each mesh separately, for example?

Boris Goreta
10-11-2013, 06:46 AM
No, not separately, all meshes need the same weight distribution but since every mesh has it's own weight button the only way I can do it is manually as far as I know.

alexs3d
10-11-2013, 06:53 AM
hm, copy settings doesn´t work, what works is to select all objects in the instancer and then add the weight texture, then it is applied to all objects at once, hope it helps.

oohh, i discovered that the settings made in the texture editor are not applied to all objects, only to that which is first selected :)

Boris Goreta
10-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Yes, this is a bummer. Think about distributing 150 low poly people meshes on geometry, this is what I need it for. Even adding 150 meshes into instancer is PITA. There should be an option use all children of a Null as meshes.

jameswillmott
10-11-2013, 07:00 AM
So each mesh to be instanced requires a separate weighting texture?

But if the weighting textures are all the same, then you'll just get an even distribution of instances as if there was no weighting texture applied at all. Can you show us what you're wanting to achieve?

Boris Goreta
10-11-2013, 07:10 AM
You can instance them over a surface but then use a weighting procedural turbulence texture so that distribution over surface wouldn't be uniform and use this for all meshes.