PDA

View Full Version : Offloading footage at the end of an OB with 3play 4800

Ddub
10-10-2013, 05:25 AM
Hey I'm trying to figure out the best option for providing a client with footage at the end of an OB.

In the current scenario its a 3 camera shoot and the client would like the program master and iso records to take home at the end of the night - but it's a 3 hour shoot.

So i can record on the 3play no worries, but how can i then offload 12hrs of footage during the 1 hour de-rig? Possible???

Publishing four 3hr clips would take too long i believe - even if its a same as source copy.

If the client took the storage drives that the 3play has recorded directly onto, is that media usable? Or do the clips have to be published to be usable in post production?

Any help here would be much appreciated.

PIZAZZ
10-11-2013, 11:30 AM
It would most likely be best to do a "same as source" file copy for each camera. It basically demuxes the camera records and gives you a proper standard .MPG to hand off. Export that to an extra drive internally, eject, hand to client, drink a Foster's.

It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do this process. The 'same as source' and file copy process is super fast. Not really a render like the others. Like I said, more of a re-wrap process.

SBowie
10-12-2013, 07:31 AM
4800 offers redundant recording. The playlist, if any, would need to be exported (unless he has a 4800 too). But you ought to be able to basically just hand him the two drives with the redundant session footage on them.

Ddub
10-17-2013, 04:13 AM
Thanks for your help guys.

It took exactly 40 mins total to export 4 three hour clips to one of the internal drives, and the same time to export to an external drive via eSata. I would have tried the redundant mode option, however i had trouble with analog audio - which i will post another thread about.