PDA

View Full Version : REQUESTED - Animated Lower Thirds support in Live Text future update!

alejandro9999
10-09-2013, 09:43 AM
I've read all posts regarding this topic.

Chryon IP, and Compix Linx are excellent third-party tools, but our high-school has already invested in the whole Tricaster solution.
( Hardware and Software ) We got a license of SpeedEdit, Virtual Set Editor 2 and Livetext.

LiveText is a great tool when we use our Tricaster 460 for still titles. However, we would like to use animated lower thirds, to improve our shows.
At the moment, we figure it out synchronizing DSK and DDRs, but we would like to do so in Live Text.

We are aware of 860,855,460,455,410,40 virtual inputs, and how they are limited. So please, could you include this feature on Livetext so we could use NET 1 or NET 2, instead of a DDR.

Thanks

Alejandro Núñez
Unidad de Comunicaciones
Colegio América del Callao
www.america.edu.pe (http://www.america.edu.pe)

SBowie
10-09-2013, 10:40 AM
I've read all posts regarding this topic.Always a good start. :)

Broadly speaking, without getting into specifics of how it might be approached in future products, certainly I agree that more advanced support for animation is highly desirable. I alos just want to mention, in case it isn't obvious, that in the most recent TriCasters, a great deal can be done with macros in this context ... not to suggest the pursuit of "more, better, faster" should not continue.

kanep
10-09-2013, 01:57 PM
I've read all posts regarding this topic.
LiveText is a great tool when we use our Tricaster 460 for still titles. However, we would like to use animated lower thirds, to improve our shows.
At the moment, we figure it out synchronizing DSK and DDRs, but we would like to do so in Live Text.

www.america.edu.pe (http://www.america.edu.pe)

Not exactly what you are asking for, but the Buffers will allow you to have animated lower thirds background that you can title on top of with LiveText. This would at least not be using up your DDRs, but one of the 5 animation buffers on the TC460. There are included lower third animated buffers already in the system.

adebats
10-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Yes and with good macro control the text can appear at exactly the right time - once he batch of units arrive in the UK, this will be one of the first things we will try :)

SteveSpaw
10-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Coming soon: Hopefully today - CasparCG.com

davedude
01-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Coming soon: Hopefully today - CasparCG.com

Yep. I do animated lower thirds with CasparCG which now talks to the Tricaster via iVGA to the NET inputs. Oh...it's free too.

iceycat25
01-08-2014, 09:59 AM
I agree this would be a nice feature. Live text needs to be more robust. I don't know how to write macros, XML, C++, or anything like that. I don't think I should have to, this is a pretty common thing to want to be able to do and the software should support it. Even if it involves purchasing a clip player plug in or something that Live Text references and married up before outputting so that you can just take the one thing on a NET1 input. It would be good to have a "play on", "pause", "loop" and "play off" state to control the animation as well.

Another great feature would be to lock layers from being affected by movement. I can't do a credit crawl in live text that has a background, my only option is to do one with a transparent background and then overlay that downstream with a background in another dsk. It's a workaround I shouldn't have to do, doing a crawl in this fashion should be kind of a standard feature. Same thing for a ticker which would just be a horizontal crawl with a static background that doesn't move with the text.

kanep
01-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Another great feature would be to lock layers from being affected by movement. I can't do a credit crawl in live text that has a background, my only option is to do one with a transparent background and then overlay that downstream with a background in another dsk. It's a workaround I shouldn't have to do, doing a crawl in this fashion should be kind of a standard feature. Same thing for a ticker which would just be a horizontal crawl with a static background that doesn't move with the text.

This feature is already in LiveText. Just choose the object(s) not to be affected, and then check the box called 'Hold During Motion' which can be found in the settings tab 'Text and Drawing' under the 'Orientation' options.

iceycat25
01-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Interesting, I will have to give that a try. Thanks for the info!

UPDATED:

Tried it, works like a charm, thanks Kane! Question: is there a way to adjust it's start position. I have a read rate that I like by adjusting the speed to say 6 or so but it takes about 2 seconds to become visible on screen. I assume because it's start position takes that long to travel, can that be adjusted? Also is there a way to just click on a different page and have it go "Live" without having to press the live button first? One man band operation between the switcher and the laptop that runs LiveText would be a bit easier if all I had to do was click on the page I wanted and it going live instead of clicking on the page, then clicking on the live button all whilst switching my cameras and rolling video.

I saw one or two basic tutorials on Live Text on YouTube, would you guys consider doing more advanced pro level ones that go beyond this is how to make a basic lower third? I get the impression this program might be able to do more than I think it can.

kanep
01-09-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm not aware of any way to adjust the start position of a crawl of roll. There is a pause option, so you could let it run for a second or two, then pause it and play again if that works (there are keyboard shortcuts for play, pause and stop). But I understand that this isn't exactly what you are looking for.

Instead of having to press the 'Live' button, you can also press 'F9' to make the current title go live if that help. Also double clicking on a title in the 'Pages' list will also make that page go live. Otherwise LiveText is designed to allow to edit the title, without those updates going out until you tell it to do so.

Press 'F1' and you will get a list of keyboard shortcuts available in LiveText, many people don't know all of the shortcuts that are available.