PDA

View Full Version : How to disable Hub? (11.0.3 & 11.5)

PabloMack
10-09-2013, 07:49 AM
I think (faulty) communication with Hub is causing Layout to frequently crash and/or lock up. What is the proper way to disable it? I know I have been shown on a video tutorial before but I can't remember how to do it and I can't find it in the manuals. Also, I guess I have to disable it for each version individually?

Lewis
10-09-2013, 08:14 AM
add -0 or -i to your start icon

-0 = just disables HUB but layout and modeler still can communicate/update if you want)
-i = fully isolate mode, all cords are cut :)

PabloMack
10-09-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm not using a start icon. If I add "-i" to the path for the executable, it complains that it is not a valid path.

If I put the "-i" outside the quotes then it doesn't complain. I am assuming that it took it.

Sensei
10-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Target element is in quotes. -0 must be outside the quotes.
If not working with Win7, then make short-cut and add -0 there.

f.e.
"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave v11.5.1 Build 2525\bin\Layout.exe" -0

PabloMack
10-09-2013, 09:15 AM
This will only work when double-clicking on a shortcut. 95% of the time I double-click on the LWS file and this is not a short-cut and, therefore, doesn't allow me to pass this parameter. It seems the only way I can disable the Hub using this method is to first run Layout then load the scene file by using the File->Load->Scene then navigate to the scene file I want to load. This is more work than just clicking on the Scene's file icon. Is there a config file that I can modify to get it to always disable the hub when clicking on the scene file?

Sensei
10-09-2013, 09:22 AM
You can drag'n'drop scene from Windows explorer window to Layout. Easier than using load file-requester.

bobakabob
10-09-2013, 12:52 PM
I use the Hub on W7 64 bit with no problems and it's pretty indispensible in my workflow. Have you checked your antivirus and firewall? There's another thread on AVG which is not remotely LW friendly. Avast is fine:)

jeric_synergy
10-09-2013, 01:57 PM
..... can't remember how to do it and I can't find it in the manuals.
I found it (page 19 or page 32, Reader shows two different numbers), but AFAICS the "i" option isn't mentioned. That should be addressed.

This was in the Lightwave 10 PDF manual.

(The image shows p19, the PDF page counter shows p32.)