PDA

View Full Version : Motion Blur complication

Chigbee
10-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Wondering how to eliminate motion blur for a moving camera. I have an industrial scene fly through where I need to keep everything in the scene in sharp focus as the camera moves with no motion blur.

stiff paper
10-09-2013, 09:20 AM
What??

eKalb
10-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Turn motion blur off in the camera settings in Render Globals (Ctrl+P, then bottom of the Cameras tab), but I doubt you will like the fly through animation without some motion blur.

Chigbee
10-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks eKalb. I have already tried that but still getting more blur than I would like. Mostly when the camera moves a little faster than than it does through most of the scene. The scene is a virtual tour and I am afraid the client will want everything in sharp focus. Frame by frame it looks great but when animated it blurs. May just have to send it to the farm as is and cross my fingers.

Axis3d
10-09-2013, 12:35 PM
It sounds like you are getting strobing from a lack of blur. When the camera moves too fast during a scene, with no motion blur, the footage will seem to strobe. If you can slow down your camera moves, especially the lateral moves, your scene will feel sharper. You'll need to render without blur on as eKalb mentioned.

Chigbee
10-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Not getting any strobing. The scene is 8351 frames. I baked the radiosity at every 20 frames to a .cache file and locked it in, that took out any stobing due to not calculating radiosity on each frame during render. None of the camera moves are exceptionally fast as it is sort of supposed to be a walking tour pace. I have increased the number of maximum samples and added some oversampling to see if a bit more anti alias will help. Doing a new test render now.