PDA

View Full Version : Transparency to Clip map

Sanchon
10-09-2013, 03:38 AM
Is there any way to transfer transparency channel texture from surface editor to object clip map ? For example - I have 500 objects with transparency maps and I want transfer them automatically to objects clip maps.

dpont
10-09-2013, 03:55 AM
Is there any way to transfer transparency channel texture from surface editor to object clip map ? For example - I have 500 objects with transparency maps and I want transfer them automatically to objects clip maps.

..Or at least adding a command in LW for activating its Texture panel.

Denis.

Danner
10-09-2013, 05:02 AM
If all else fails you could edit the scene file, the clip map information is stored in the scene file as part of the object properties. So add it to one, open the scene in wordpad or similar and insert the info to the other objects that use the same clipmap.

Sanchon
10-09-2013, 05:12 AM
Thank you for information. Problem is because most of the objects uses individual tranparency image map. I have hundreds flat planes ( people images ) with transparency masks. These masks are very slow to render, clip map versions are much faster.

Sensei
10-09-2013, 05:23 AM
That's why I have made Load Clip Maps and Save Clip Maps plugin

You can see it on video, how to use them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoIzJBYUScA

But inability for LWSDK to create Clip Map Texture slightly slow this down.
It might change in future LW, because we were talking about it just yesterday while discussion in other place which is not making Node Editor until user manually press Edit Nodes..