PDA

View Full Version : TA-Tools! Now available!

djlithium
10-07-2013, 02:29 AM
YES! Finally!
Ok so anyone who has been wondering about the future availability of the TA-Tools Suite, well wonder no longer. It's now available again.
If you need more information hit the product page =^..^=
http://www.liberty3d.com/tools/ta-tools/

Dexter2999
10-07-2013, 04:16 AM
Good to hear!

Lots of good tools for a good price.

Thanks for making these available and for taking on the task of keeping them functional as LW grows and changes.

djlithium
10-07-2013, 04:53 AM
No problem! I know it took a while but I want to say thanks to the community for being so patient. =^..^=

djwaterman
10-07-2013, 05:13 AM
What are these? Any chance of a demo video some time?

djlithium
10-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Tim did have some videos available in the past. I'm working to dig them up. You can in the mean time download the package and check out the readme files contained. The link is on the site.

stiff paper
10-07-2013, 08:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/arcticwolfsong/videos

Nicolas Jordan
10-08-2013, 10:47 AM
I downloaded these years ago when they were still free and I'm sure I still have them somewhere on one of my hard drives.

jeric_synergy
10-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Liberty3d.com distribution means they'll be vetted for use with 11.x. :thumbsup:

Spinland
10-08-2013, 11:29 AM
This is great news! Thanks for stepping up and making this happen!

jwiede
10-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Liberty3d.com distribution means they'll be vetted for use with 11.x. :thumbsup:

Actually, that raises a good point, are there change notes for changes made while making them compatible with LW11.x (or just made concurrent with those efforts)?

Like Nicolas, I'm pretty sure I have all of them from a prior download off Albee's site, but wouldn't be opposed to purchasing (again) if there have been significant changes. I would like to vet what all has changed before purchase, though.

djlithium
11-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Stability of the tools was slightly affected over time from when they were written originally to this current set of releases. Tim didn't provide much of a change log when the source code was supplied to us however I know for a fact some tools crashed modeler in previous LW releases due to the changes in LScript. Most of the Layout Tools were not impacted over time from this stand point but if I know Albee, there is always something being tweaked while being used in a production in progress and there will be small improvements all over the place, mostly in performance speed ups.

I did have one use report that Grounded was crashing, but I have not been able to reproduce this in the release build of 11.6 in 64bit on windows (I don't even bother with 32bit anything any more) - so if any of you run into that please let us know. Email me or PM me.

jeric_synergy
11-05-2013, 04:00 PM
kat, thanks for staying on top of this.

Greenlaw
06-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Hi,

I purchased some of these tools from the old website a few years ago. I was wondering if the TA Tools on at Liberty 3D are newer versions and if I should purchase them again to get the latest. Thanks in advance for any info.

G.

Greenlaw
06-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Oops! Nevermind...I just read the post above which answers my question. D'oh. :)