PDA

View Full Version : Old version of LW - worth selling?

superpete
10-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I first bought LW 6 and have since upgraded it to version 8. Some of these upgrades include other woftware which was on offer at the time (eg Vue) and I have a couple of commercial plug-in licences as well (Polk and Taft I think).

Obviously these are pretty old versions now but does anyone know if there is any value at all in me selling them on to another user? I have original receipts and the purple USB dongle as well so I assume a licence transfer is possible.

I haven't made use of it myself for some time but would love for it to have a good home somewhere, otherwise I just have to throw it out I think.

Would someone be able to use it to qualify for an upgrade to the current version perhaps?

I'm based in London, UK.

Thanks for your time.

Pete

spherical
10-06-2013, 12:46 PM
As long as the dongle is transferred, that is possible. Would've been more salable if the $495 upgrade from any version special were still running, though.

superpete
10-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Good point. I should have done this sooner, but I couldn't bear to part with it before :(

spherical
10-06-2013, 02:22 PM
I know the feeling... We nearly sold one of our seats but the arrival and demonstrated capabilities of our 3D printer got my partner re-excited about modeling and, with the upgrade deal, it kept us from falling over the edge. She has difficulty with things that have a lot of choices, so my work is cut out for me answering questions and keeping her from totally freaking out. She's a smart girl, so no problem there, but the myriad of tools and procedures will be daunting. Having only one version to keep in my head will be worth the upgrade price alone.

We went for the full three app package. Now, we'll have to get an Xbox to sit next to the PS3, so we can use NevronMotion.