PDA

View Full Version : Camera method

grisham
10-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Is it possible to create a track for the camera to move upon in lightwave? An example of what i mean is like with a Grenade falling from the sky. The camera would move in a circular coil movement around the grenade as it falls, while the camera is locked onto the grenade.

Any help would be appreciated. Im new to lightwave as a student, and trying to improve as quickly as possible :)

Danner
10-03-2013, 01:53 PM
A simple setup would be to add a child null to the grenade, make the camera a child of that null, go to motion options of the camera, use the null as the target item. Position the camera a bit to the side and rotate the null as the grenade is falling.

Ok just tried it, Better still is to change the parenting to separate the grenade's rotations from the camera's rotations. Have a null named "main" be the top of the structure, This null will only control the position of the rig, make the grenade and another null called "cam null" children of the main null. Make the camera track and be a child of the "cam null". Now to animate it: rotate the grenade any wich way, move the main null down, and rotate the cam null on Y to make the camera spin around.

grisham
10-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Thank you for the help. I'm hoping to put this into action on my next assignment.