PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 11.6 help. Flickering scenes

tonyhall007
10-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Need some help with Lightwave 11.6. Not sure what has happened, but every scene i load up flickers when i am doing anything in it.. If i zoom in and out it flickers, if i move or rotate the scene flickers. Has anyone else come across this. I have tried all the scenes in Lightwave 11.5 and they are fine. I have also tried on a different mac and they are fine. I was using it yesterday and it was fine. I have started Lightwave up this morning and all the scenes i load are flickering when ever i try and do anything. Anyone got any ideas. I have tried re-installing Lightwave and still no change.

Sensei
10-03-2013, 02:45 AM
LW v11.6 is NOT finished. It's PRE-release. BETA VERSION that anybody can install and check whether it's working good or not with their scenes and stuff.
When you are seeing something wrong with it, you should send bug report to NewTek using official channel of reporting bugs.

Waves of light
10-03-2013, 04:54 AM
Are your GL settings for your 11.5 install the same as your 11.6 install? Open each version of Modeler/Layout and press D, then check the GL tab and match your settings.

tonyhall007
10-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Thanks for your reply. I matched the GL settings, but its just the same. I was using it yesterday and it was fine, and this morning is not working right.

Skonk
10-03-2013, 08:39 AM
It's not just dropping to bounding box is it? (as in it has a lower bounding box threshold in 11.6).

tonyhall007
10-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Yes, the bounding box was the problem. Thanks, all sorted.

Waves of light
10-04-2013, 04:27 AM
Nice one Skonk, glad it's sorted now.

Niko3D
05-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Hi at all!
Someone can help me about the Cache Radiosity in animation using a renderfarm?I am going crazy on one my scene!!!I tried a lot of setting...Automatic, Always, Never, Locked...with Bake Frame with Bake Scene ect ect...but nothing everytime the polygons flickering...
I use LW11.6 and Butterflynetrender 5Pro...
Do you know why?Do you have some advice?...

Lewis
05-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Hi Niko3D

Can you tell us little bit more aobut your scen and post a screengrab for Radiostiy settings ? But one thing is sure oyu have to BAKE GI on single machine first, you can't use network render for that in any cae of Interpolated Radiosity modes.

SquishyAni
05-19-2014, 01:40 AM
Agreed, you have to BAKE the radiosity on one machine, then when you network render, tell it to be LOCKED so the radiosity pulls ONLY from the RADIOSITY CACHE you baked. If you still get flicker, then it might be something else in your settings. Let us know how it goes.

Every4thPixel
05-19-2014, 03:37 AM
It could also be some double polygons in your model. Sometimes when you have polygons very close to each other and you work with very tiny units you need to change the ray precision.

Niko3D
05-08-2015, 11:19 AM
Hi fellas!
I'm so sorry...I reply you after 1 years...this is shameful...sorry.
In any case I resolved my old problems...I had some issues on my renderfarm.
Now I bake the entire scene just on one workstation and then I send the scene on the renderfarm and it works very good...without flickering ect...;)

Thanks and sorry again for my late.