PDA

View Full Version : A good organic modeling tut?

jat1
11-14-2003, 06:34 AM
Im been using lgihtwave for a while now, my skills to make objects has improved over time but whenever i try an organic model, it fails miserably... :( is there any certian rules i should know when modelling in subpatch and can u link me to any good tuts for organics modelling in subpatch....

Thnx for the help guys!:D

hrgiger
11-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Well, you always want to check out your free resources first. You can go here for some tutuorials: http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/characters.htm#Human%20Characters

There's a great head modeling tutorial in the books Inside Lightwave 6 and 7. A lot of people have learned to model that way, myself included. It will show you the detail out method which I find is often easier to learn for beginners. Box modeling is good too and can be quicker once you're good at it but it's often more difficult to learn.

There are a few tips I can give you about modeling in subpatch. First, it's best to spend the majority of your time modeling with subpatches turned off. It's much easier to keep your mesh clean while working and easier to read. Just tab on and off often to check your progress.

Also, don't jump right into a full character. Try to model a nose, or an ear or even the socket of an eye first. Once you feel comfortable with that, try for that character.

Always use good reference material.

Good luck.

jat1
11-16-2003, 12:36 PM
thnx for the info!