PDA

View Full Version : Layout 11.0.3 and 11.5 Crash when trying to create a UV map

PabloMack
10-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Both Modeler and Layout have been crashing quite frequently lately. Specifically, when I try to create an Atlas UV map for a terrain model I have, it crashes every time when using either Modeler 11.0.3 or 11.5.

jeric_synergy
10-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Might as well move up to 11.6, since it's free.

But: is it possible to create a UV map in Layout (subject line)? Is that a baker thing? I've always made mine in LWM, but I have very limited use for them.

Areyos Alektor
10-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Can you tell more about the object ? Post a screenshot ?

Have you verified that there be no overlap polygons and 2 points polygons ? A merge points ?

Can you post the object ?

jwiede
10-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Might as well move up to 11.6, since it's free.

If he's already having crashing issues, and seeking stability, moving to a pre-release (11.6) seems like a questionable choice.

jeric_synergy
10-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Fair enough, but we could use more more details.

AND if other object have no crashing issues, the object file should be submitted to NewTek as a "poison file"-- any data file capable of crashing the app. Ideally, that would never happen-- in a perfect world data would be vetted and/or handled in such a way that the app would reject the pathological portions and only use the bits (ha!) that it can understand/parse without crashing.

Having "poison files" in hand allows the devs to code more robust data checking, because if a poison file is even POSSIBLE, it's pretty obvious the data is not being vetted enough.

3DGFXStudios
10-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Move to 11.5.1. Looks to me like the best option if you want to switch versions. Even a better option is to check is there some faulty geometry in the object like double polys etc.